• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Meeting the other Chris Hardwick!

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Katie and I were walking around downtown Madison, Wisconsin yesterday and saw a poster saying that comedian Chris Hardwick is coming to a venue here on April 11th. For those who don't know him, he's a pretty famous comedian, podcaster, and TV personality who knows about me and has mentioned me on his TV show and podcasts a few times over the years.

I wrote an e-mail to the contact us address on nerdist.com to see if they can arrange for Katie and I to meet him when he performs in Madison. I'll keep people posted on what happens if they ever write back. If they don't, then I'll try to see if I can meet him at the venue after the show by talking to the venue management and see if they can arrange something. This seems like a neat opportunity to try to meet a celebrity, we'll see what happens!

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Katie and I were walking around downtown Madison, Wisconsin yesterday and saw a poster saying that comedian Chris Hardwick is coming to a venue here on April 11th. For those who don't know him, he's a pretty famous comedian, podcaster, and TV personality who knows about me and has mentioned me on his TV show and podcasts a few times over the years.

I wrote an e-mail to the contact us address on nerdist.com to see if they can arrange for Katie and I to meet him when he performs in Madison. I'll keep people posted on what happens if they ever write back. If they don't, then I'll try to see if I can meet him at the venue after the show by talking to the venue management and see if they can arrange something. This seems like a neat opportunity to try to meet a celebrity, we'll see what happens!
That would be really cool. I watch him on The Talking Dead sometimes. Good luck arranging a meeting between you two!

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice, haha.

An English comedian Dave Gorman travelled the world to try and find other Dave Gormans, and write a book about his adventures, perhaps you should encourage Chris Hardwick to do the same.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/203267.Are_You_Dave_Gorman_
That's a pretty interesting book. I would love to meet all of the people who share my name someday, but unfortunately there's probably less than five of us in the world.

Best Post 2015?
Nah, Stefan will top that again somewhere along the line. That was pretty great though :p

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Help me to meet the comedian Chris Hardwick!

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to meet the comedian Chris Hardwick, who is coming to the Barrymore theater in Madison, Wisconsin tomorrow night. Please help me to get the comedian Chris's attention on twitter (@nerdist) by telling him I will be at his show tomorrow.

I would really appreciate your help for anyone who can post something. I will keep everyone updated as to whether I actually get to meet him.

Thanks!

Last edited:

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the replies everyone!

If people were considering doing this, I'd like to ask you to actually try it :) I just tweeted saying that I'll be at the show tomorrow. Can others do the same to see if he will notice it?

I'll keep everyone posted on whether I get to actually meet him.

What's your twitter?