• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Magnets Discussion and Help thread

Iwannaganx

What 3x3 should I magnetise?
Gan x
YLM M
MF3RS2M
Meilong m
Other
I want to get two of these with magnets and magnetise them, a gan 356x, or a gan 354 and one of these.

I realise now I should have put this in the puzzle choice thread, but I can't post a poll in a thread

Iwannaganx

Right now I really like the WR M, and I've never been able to get a Gan cube to perform well for me
obviously i really want a gan x, but i also dont know if its worth the cost. i really like the feel of it though, so i thought maybe 354.
and i was thinking of magnetizing a puzzle so budget cubes.

YeaBuDDy

Have magnetized (4x2 n35) all 3 of the budget cubes in the past month and you can't go wrong with any of them really good puzzles. For around 25$ including magnets

Iwannaganx

Have magnetized (4x2 n35) all 3 of the budget cubes in the past month and you can't go wrong with any of them really good puzzles. For around 25$ including magnets
A few questions:
What order would you rank the three of them?
Are they better than the gan X (for the price)
What about the 354

YeaBuDDy

A few questions:
What order would you rank the three of them?
Are they better than the gan X (for the price)
What about the 354

Meilong, YLM, MFRS2. Never tried a Gan puzzle, only started cubing a couple months ago (sub 40) so went the budget route. Have a Gan R arriving Wednesday that I plan to magnetize.

Iwannaganx

Try the 354 as you have small hands and its cheaper. I reckon the YLM for budget, or maybe Gan R and magnetise that. I've heard its very good when magnetised and comparable to the Gan X
You have no clue. You haven't tried any of these!! I want to get the best ones for the price. You don't know!
Sorry that sounded really harsh I didn't mean it like that.
Sorry for the triple post.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay.. so. I have recently been advised to consider buying 40 x Meilongs for Multi-BLD and to magnetize them. Now whilst I am still considering to buy them and do this, I would like to gain some more information first. I assume that the 'N' you talk about is Newton so I am assuming it is the strength of the magnets. The '4x2' and those things I have no idea about.
So that being said I can't really say exactly what magnets I like and which I would like for this project. Something a bit stronger than the Valk 3 Power M is what I want to aim at. Similar to the MoYu AoChuang GTSM's inner layers. Can anyone please assist me in this matter?