• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Magnets Discussion and Help thread

Scrombo

Out of morbid curiosity, I have a few older 3x3s lying around I'm thinking of magnetizing: an Aolong V2, Shengshou Wind, and Shengshou Legend. I have a few questions:

1. If I go through with this, how do I approach magnetizing the Legend? Both the edges and corners are capped.

2. To anyone that has a magnetized version of any of these cubes, did you feel a significant improvement after any of them? Do they feel heavy after magnetization?

I know we have better and cheaper puzzles available now, many of which I have, but I thought it would be fun to attempt a PB AO12 on one of these older puzzles. Thanks in advance.

Has anyone magnetized the MFJS MF3RS? It is one of my only modern cubes without magnets and i feel it might actually have a purpose if it had magnets. I have a set of cubicle strong and lite magnets available to use. For reference i main an Angstrom YLM from the cubicle.