• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Looking for Some Hard Color Neutral Crosses

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys and gals,

So I have comp coming up on the 28th and I am looking to practice crosses hardcore until then. I saw the hard, funny and weird crosses thread, but most of those crosses are only really hard for white which doesn't really help me practice finding my cross quickly. So what I am looking for is some crosses that are hard CN.

IN GENERAL : a hard CN cross for ME is a scramble which either has no cross prices oriented on any sides and consequently takes a long time to find a cross or a scramble that has no good (less than 6 moves) crosses on it. I realize that this isn't something you probably keep track of, but if you guys notice a hard cross while your practicing I would appreciate it if you copy the scramble and post it here. I greatly appreciate your help guys!

Last edited:

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
In the hard, funny, weird scrambles thread; you say that the scrambles are all for white cross?

Simple solution: Rotate the cube

Having one hard cross is not my goal dude, I want 6 hard crosses. Just because one cross is hard doesn't mean that all of the others are. I need to practice finding the solutions to hard crosses when I have 6 crosses to choose from in under 15 seconds.

Edit:
He's CN, that's not gonna make a difference.
Ninja'd

WCA
2010BULA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
He's CN, that's not gonna make a difference.
Having one hard cross is not my goal dude, I want 6 hard crosses. Just because one cross is hard doesn't mean that all of the others are. I need to practice finding the solutions to hard crosses when I have 6 crosses to choose from in under 15 seconds.

why not?
just don't look for an easy cross
just practice hard cross in any color.

WCA
2010BULA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This doesn't help me practice finding my cross. A huge part of my solve is making sure that I choose my cross and get it properly memoed, if I don't, I tend to have a flustered solve which translates to slower times.

i think you will be having a hard time to find a hard cross for CN.
and i think it will be better just practice with some scrambles than waiting for someone to post a scramble here.
oh well, i guess i'm not helping you with what i'm saying.. peace. :D

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
i think you will be having a hard time to find a hard cross for CN.
and i think it will be better just practice with some scrambles than waiting for someone to post a scramble here.
oh well, i guess i'm not helping you with what i'm saying.. peace. :D

I am still practicing lol, this will just be of better help to me. Plus I have 8 days to accumulate scrambles.

tozies24

WCA
2010TOZI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
how about this: practice and stop worrying.

Honestly, the last comp I went to, I was worrying about bad crosses. If you get a bad cross, then oh well. You still have 4 other solves. I don't really remember if there were any horrible crosses and actually there were some really good ones. Honestly don't worry and have fun.