• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Looking for a cubing buddy?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
people do that and yeah I do use the beginners method I’m going to learn roux and last night I spent two hours with my new cube and took 15 seconds off my average
Awesome!

Well, awesome that you took 15 seconds off your average, not awesome that you decided to learn Roux :(

Ignore Owen, he acts like that sometimes. If you want to learn Roux then go ahead

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well that’s your opinion. In my member intro thingy everybody started saying weather roux or cfop was better. I want to learn roux and if I feel like it then cfop and see which is better for me
Ignore Owen, he acts like that sometimes. If you want to learn Roux then go ahead
I don't want to start an argument, but it's just kinda sad that if you choose Roux you can't really get fast with big cubes. No one who uses Roux is faster then like 36 seconds on 4x4:(

But who knows, maybe @AvaMarie10102 will invent a way to make Roux equal for 4x4 and up.

AvaMarie10102

I don't want to start an argument, but it's just kinda sad that if you choose Roux you can't really get fast with big cubes. No one who uses Roux is faster then like 36 seconds on 4x4:(

But who knows, maybe @AvaMarie10102 will invent a way to make Roux equal for 4x4 and up.
I’m not focusing on bigger cubes right now. I’m focusing on the 3x3 I just started cubing and I want to at least get sub 45 seconds before I move on to bigger cubes. And if I do want to learn bigger cubes I will learn cfop.

maticuber

WCA
2009MACA01

is not like 36s are bad times, but roux is not really good for big cubes. Imagine solving a 17x17 with roux.

AvaMarie10102

If you only want to do 3x3, you can use pretty much any method to get sub 45. I was just thinking that in the future you might want to do big cubes, but if you don't, just use whatever method seems fun for you.
Well yeah but I might want to do big cubes when I’m actually good at speed cubing so I will learn the best method for big cubes but yes for right now I just wanna solve the three by three

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Well yeah but I might want to do big cubes when I’m actually good at speed cubing so I will learn the best method for big cubes but yes for right now I just wanna solve the three by three

Almost all big cube methods reduce a cube to a 3x3, and some end up solving the CFOP cross when you reach 3x3 stage, so learning the most popular big cube methods would require CFOP. However, there are Roux methods for 4x4 that aren't as popular but you can still look into.

Can we please get this thread back on topic?

Kaneki Uchiha

If you only want to do 3x3, you can use pretty much any method to get sub 45. I was just thinking that in the future you might want to do big cubes, but if you don't, just use whatever method seems fun for you.
I don't understand if he knows cfop and wants to learn roux he can
and if he knows cfop cant he just use that for big cubes ?

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm ready to do the cube buddy thing. I'm improving on 3x3 and 2x2 and currently avg about 27 seconds on 3x3 and about 7-8 seconds on 2x2. I use full CFOP minus about 10 to 15 OLLs on 3x3 and on 2x2 I use Ortega and am currently learning CLL. My goals are to be sub-20 w/ full OLL and Cross+1 on 3x3 and Sub-5 w/ full CLL on 2x2 by February 14.
If you average similarly and would like to improve on 3x3 and 2x2 over the next ~5 months, please email me at [email protected].
Thanks,
White KB