• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Layer by layer method: Last layer help?

hacker4life

Hi, i can solve the rubiks cube under 2 minutes, and i got the cube a week ago. I practice a lot since i stopped watching tv and those kind of dumb stuff. Anyway, i can solve it,but with about 80 moves, im talking about the edges. Can you tell me an easier way to solve it using algorithms mentioned in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYv_oB_PXSg

----
so for the last layer, hi mentioned 2 algorithms, but does not mention how to use them, so i made my own method by doing some stuff and takes me about 80 moves to do it. Can you tell me an easier way? thx

hacker4life

thanks for your quick answer will post feedback in a few minutes
that arent the algorithms the guy in my video rapped about... Thanks anyway, will wait for other reply

Endgame

the method he raps about is quite bad.. try this:

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexByard

YouTube
Visit Channel
Take a look on the SpeedSolve Wiki. On there you can find some useful diagrams and algorithms that go into much detail about both methods and sub-steps, do some research and stuff.

Edit. Also the video that Endgame just posted should really help you.

MostEd

WCA
2012BETA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Roux is really hard for beginnners, it's just going to be very unefficient blockbuilding with many long pauses.

Let me prove you wrong, a year ago i started doing roux after begginer's, it was the first thing I did under a minute since the day i started timing. The hardest thing for me was to get the last step, but after that, its so easy.

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
People hating on Roux for being a beginner method?
Clearly this guy is having trouble with LBL, maybe Roux fits his style.

Btw, I use CFOP only because I never even heard about Roux until I was sub 25 and decided not to change.

OT: don't learn from the rap, it's only for entertainment. If you actually learned how to solve from that thing, then I'm amazed.

hacker4life

roux seems hard...
About the rap, i learned it easily, actually it took me a while, i just learned the algorithms and tried myself to see when and where to use them, at first i just randomly used it to see what piece goes where after an algorithm, now i can solve it under 2 minutes. Roux rlly seems hard for beginners, got anything that can easily get me down to a minute?

Rubiksboy1

roux seems hard...
About the rap, i learned it easily, actually it took me a while, i just learned the algorithms and tried myself to see when and where to use them, at first i just randomly used it to see what piece goes where after an algorithm, now i can solve it under 2 minutes. Roux rlly seems hard for beginners, got anything that can easily get me down to a minute?

Anything can get you below a minute really, if you work hard at it. Also, Roux's actually a pretty good beginner's method, because of the low movecount and reliance on intuition.

And, um... you know... ZZ brah. It's cool and stuff, so... use it.

Pokerizer

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, i can solve the rubiks cube under 2 minutes, and i got the cube a week ago. I practice a lot since i stopped watching tv and those kind of dumb stuff. Anyway, i can solve it,but with about 80 moves, im talking about the edges. Can you tell me an easier way to solve it using algorithms mentioned in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYv_oB_PXSg

----
so for the last layer, hi mentioned 2 algorithms, but does not mention how to use them, so i made my own method by doing some stuff and takes me about 80 moves to do it. Can you tell me an easier way? thx

I actually learned how to solve it for the first time from that video... Lmao

Up bottom up pops the corned up again up bottom up pops the corners up

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why can't you guys just show beginners both, and see which one they like better? Neither method has been proven to be "better" than the other, it's simply personal preference.