• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 I've been using the RS3M for a day now. Here's what i think about it.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright so I got the RS3M 2020 from cubelelo.com (not sponsored) and these are my thoughts on it. So it came around Friday-ish and I unboxed it around Saturday. It came with a stand, the cube and an accessories box. So, first turns, i was amazed. It was really smooth and and the magnet strentgh was to my liking. However, there was a tiny bit of spring noise which appeared after a few solves. It personally doesn't bother me, however it might be a problem if you don't like spring noise. Then, I discovered the DAS (dual adjustment system, not dual axis steering for the F1 fans) and it blew my mind. A 9 dollar cube with an adjustable spring compression settings? Wow. The tensioning out of the box was so good I didn't touch it, however I found that the default spring compression setting wasn't set to my preferences, so I set it to 4 clicks. Oh, and out of the box, the cube was slightly dry, so I took it apart and applied some Cubelelo Storm on the pieces (Storm is Weight 2) and it was perfect for me. So overall, this is a great cube, and I recommend it to everyone out there, if you don't want to spend 60 dollars on the Apple of the cubing World 11 M Pro cube. Thanks for reading!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
the spring noise usually comes off if you unscrew the side where it is making the noise and screw it back in, or if that doesn't work just solve normally and soon the noise comes off, and if it still persists then lubicle black might help.

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
The spring noise seems to be a common problem. I unboxed mine today. One side was very noticeable and made clicking sounds that I thought was a loose magnet at first. I will post a written review with my unboxing video soon.

Wait yours too? Mine also had spring noises on the red green yellow sides, especially when I do R’ moves

the spring noise usually comes off if you unscrew the side where it is making the noise and screw it back in, or if that doesn't work just solve normally and soon the noise comes off, and if it still persists then lubicle black might help.
The two RS3M's that I got didn't appear to have a spring sound in any of them as far as I am concerned... (unless I just can't remember cause I have very small attention span...)

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
When I got my rs3m 2020, it had spring noise on all of the sides. The way I fixed is by getting the washer out, and flipping it over and putting it back in, now it doesn't have any spring noise at all.
I think if you're going to bother taking out the springs, you might as well lube the springs.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright so I got the RS3M 2020 from cubelelo.com (not sponsored) and these are my thoughts on it. So it came around Friday-ish and I unboxed it around Saturday. It came with a stand, the cube and an accessories box. So, first turns, i was amazed. It was really smooth and and the magnet strentgh was to my liking. However, there was a tiny bit of spring noise which appeared after a few solves. It personally doesn't bother me, however it might be a problem if you don't like spring noise. Then, I discovered the DAS (dual adjustment system, not dual axis steering for the F1 fans) and it blew my mind. A 9 dollar cube with an adjustable spring compression settings? Wow. The tensioning out of the box was so good I didn't touch it, however I found that the default spring compression setting wasn't set to my preferences, so I set it to 4 clicks. Oh, and out of the box, the cube was slightly dry, so I took it apart and applied some Cubelelo Storm on the pieces (Storm is Weight 2) and it was perfect for me. So overall, this is a great cube, and I recommend it to everyone out there, if you don't want to spend 60 dollars on the Apple of the cubing World 11 M Pro cube. Thanks for reading!
I too like the RS3M cube, and I use a couple of them for MBLD.

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
The two RS3M's that I got didn't appear to have a spring sound in any of them as far as I am concerned... (unless I just can't remember cause I have very small attention span...)
Even mine, which I use as my main, has a spring noise. It's been like that since the beginning. However, I personally like it

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I personally think that the RS3M 2020 is over rated. Don't get me wrong, as a budget cube it really is the best option out there definitely performing better than some more expensive cubes. IMO it does not compare to any of the flagship cubes and is not better than a Gan 11 or a WRM 2020. While it is not in the same price bracket those comparisons are being made by many including some youcubers giving it accolades that I don't think it deserves.

It's a great cube for the price giving you features that some flagship cubes have, but it's feel is still budget to me. The only time I use mine now is when I go to the beach and I want a cube with me that I don't care if it gets damaged by the sea sand and salt

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think it feels cheap at all. I have a warrior w, little magic, and sail, and they all lack stability and don't have solid and smooth turning. The magnets help a lot with cube stability and deforming.