• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is it ok to drop from 1min to 25 sec in a month?

The noob guy

I mean, am I doing it right or I´m too slow at learning? Should i practice more or my pace is ok? Cause right now im really ****ed due i want to be sub 20 and i do 25 sec average with slow cross, intuitive f2l, 6 (basic) algorithms of oll+yellow cross and 10 algs for pll. I used to solve the cube with begginers method (50 sec) and then learnt intuitive f2l, "to look" oll and some pll algs in that sequence, all this in a month. I really need help.

icarneiro

It's ok.
to decrease 50 seconds to 30 seconds is quite simple and fast.

for you to be able to decrease 25 seconds to 20...18... seconds takes a long time and pratice.
Learn full PLL, work hard in F2L and you should be good, I think you need at least 2 months.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I mean, am I doing it right or I´m too slow at learning? Should i practice more or my pace is ok? Cause right now im really ****ed due i want to be sub 20 and i do 25 sec average with slow cross, intuitive f2l, 6 (basic) algorithms of oll+yellow cross and 10 algs for pll. I used to solve the cube with begginers method (50 sec) and then learnt intuitive f2l, "to look" oll and some pll algs in that sequence, all this in a month. I really need help.
If you can improve from 1 min to sub 30 in one month, that is ridiculous progress. You’re fine.

HooverCuber

WCA
2019JOHN38
I had a similar thing happen to me as well. Earlier on this year I was barely scraping sub-50 solves, and now I'm averaging low 20's, and have even got a couple of sub-15 singles. All I really did was learn intuitive f2l and 4 look last layer which got me to high 20 averages, and now that I know full f2l and PLL I am sometimes getting sub-20 averages. Although, back then I was solving with an awful guanlong and now I am using a MF3RS3m which is a fair way better than it.