• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is cubing a sport?

Is cubing a sport?

• Yes

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Just as much as curling is.

Votes: 19 19.0%

• Total voters
I know I’m about to start a cage fight, but I wanted to see your opinions on this. I personally say, you don’t sweat so it’s not, but agree or don’t.
I think it probably is a sport, considering JPerm's video on solving the 21x21. At the end (Or in other videos, I'm not sure) he said it was the biggest excersize of his life. He also included that he was a sport's person, so I vote 'Yes', this is a sport, and 'maybe' this is a sport.

Ayce

I think it probably is a sport, considering JPerm's video on solving the 21x21. At the end (Or in other videos, I'm not sure) he said it was the biggest excersize of his life. He also included that he was a sport's person, so I vote 'Yes', this is a sport, and 'maybe' this is a sport.
I believe JPerm also said he never was into sports in his draw-my-life video

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I believe JPerm also said he never was into sports in his draw-my-life video
jPerm also said a while ago that he doesn't consider cubing to be a sport. It was in the context of hearing some parents talk to each other, asking if either of their children played any sports. and in that context, he said he didn't consider cubing to be a sport.

Thom S.

I believe JPerm also said
They also said that COLL is important to learn at sub 10 and to never learn it at all. Both at numerous occations. On other occations they said ZZ is bad because Rotating is good, except when rotating is bad.
Just found this on Wikipedia
The wikipedia article was edited twice since THIS thread started.