• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Impossible Puzzle State

CuberStache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
No not yet. Honestly, I dont know how. However, I believe my son may have messed with the center pieces. I found them off of the cube yesterday. I put them back perfectly. I do know how they could be messed up. Its yellow on top, white on bottom, and (from left to right) blue, red, green, and orange.
Aaaah, sounds like that's where the problem happened. I suggest cycling the centers in the order @xyzzy suggested. Cycling four centers like that actually causes parity with the edges, even though the centers themselves are correct relative to each other.

alexsnvs

I’ve been solving my cube with no issues for a long time, but today I was playing with it and suddenly this yellow piece appeared to be out of place when I’m about complete the yellow side. I tried scrambling and solving it again around 10 times and it doesn’t seem to go back to normal, what should I do? Thanks!

Attachments

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I’ve been solving my cube with no issues for a long time, but today I was playing with it and suddenly this yellow piece appeared to be out of place when I’m about complete the yellow side. I tried scrambling and solving it again around 10 times and it doesn’t seem to go back to normal, what should I do? Thanks!
You have an unsolvable cube because of a corner twist. The only way to make it solvable is to twist the corner back so that yellow is solved.