• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hypercube Labs - The Cubing of the Future

YouTube
Ice Cubing
Thread starter #21
I don't believe it is, I think everything is all New Plastic. However, we haven't even started to make a dent on our pile given the minute amount used per coat.

mjm

WCA
2015MAHE01
Glad I found you guys, this seems pretty awesome. I have a couple of questions!

What is the Hypercoat? Your site doesn't have anything on that page right now.

Also, would are you considering offering the process on other cubes, namely the GTS3M and DaYan TengYun?

Finally, what's your favorite coated cube? :D

YouTube
kaixevandstanley
Would it be possible to use this technique to "colour" stickerless cubes black? Sadly many of the great recent puzzles like the 30cm Rubik's Cube seem unlikely to ever get released in traditional colouring. I am experimenting with spray painting but I haven't seen a 100% effective technique.

YouTube
Ice Cubing
Thread starter #26
I'm pretty sure that the technique could be used to do that, but this was a really hot topic back when stickerless cubes were illegal in comp, and so people developed a RIT dye method. I put the video here.

But yeah, it could be done with a black polymer and an altered boron treatment method.

PM me if you want to discuss this further.

WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Aerma
The Hypercoat information can be found at https://hypercubelabs.net/hypercoats. We do coat the GTS3M, on the non-ridge version called the Weilong WR. I think my favorite is one of the GAN cubes, either the Boron GAN Air, the DayanCoated GAN X, or the HyperCoated GAN 354.
I think mjm is asking what HyperCoats really ARE. Boron coats use the element Boron, DaYan coats use melted plastic from DaYan 2x2 cubes, what do you actually put on the pieces to do HyperCoats?