• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to Sub 6 on 2x2x2

Aaronus23

How to Sub 6 on 2x2x2?

I average around 8-10 seconds with OLL+PBL... is it necesary to learn CLL to sub 6....

also... de you recomend FirstLayer+CLL or Guimond?

Last edited:

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01
I wouldn't say so. I know Ortega and can average around ~6.5 seconds, and one of my friends can average ~4 seconds with Ortega. If you work on the algorithms to get fast TPS and work on look ahead, you can get sub-6 without having to learn CLL.

NeedReality

WCA
2010MARK03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average 4-5 seconds using LBL, so I would say that you don't need to learn CLL to sub-6. If you don't want to commit to CLL, using Ortega is perfectly fine as people still get quite fast with it (this suggestion is just for your goal, not for 2x2 speed in general).

Just keep practicing and you will get there.

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
>Sees title without a question mark
>Thinks it should be a tutorial, not a question

To answer your question though, it is easy to get sub-6 with Ortega; there is no need to learn CLL for that speed.