• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How To Make This Case SUPER EASY! | F2L Trick

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
It's a nice trick, but you can easily do it RUL-gen, and even if it involves an F moves, the sledgehammer has 2 F moves

How does it work in RUL? I can't figure that.

I remember finding this from one of Collin's tip videos back in like 2015 or so and thinking it was so slick. I really like it for certain situations.

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
How does it work in RUL? I can't figure that.

I remember finding this from one of Collin's tip videos back in like 2015 or so and thinking it was so slick. I really like it for certain situations.

When you put the corner on the edge, take it out with RU moves. If you need to put it in the back then you van do it RUL-gen. You will have to use an F move or rotation if it needs to go back into the slot the edge came from.

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
When you put the corner on the edge, take it out with RU moves. If you need to put it in the back then you van do it RUL-gen. You will have to use an F move or rotation if it needs to go back into the slot the edge came from.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes, this particular trick is for inserting into the front slot.
It's always pretty neat when you see the mathy folks pop into threads like these to explain why the front slot insertion needs F moves but the back slot doesn't. Like I know cubie movements well enough to SEE that's the case but I don't know how to SAY it.

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes, this particular trick is for inserting into the front slot.
It's always pretty neat when you see the mathy folks pop into threads like these to explain why the front slot insertion needs F moves but the back slot doesn't. Like I know cubie movements well enough to SEE that's the case but I don't know how to SAY it.

I'm probably still gonna use the F-move way