• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to be a WCA Delegate??

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know is this a fool question.
but this is a real problem in sri lanka.
i started a rubiks club on sri lanka.it is the first rubiks club in sri lanka.now we have more than 400 speed cubers.
our different schools think to organise competitions.But the problem is we have no WCA delegate from sri lanka.
so We have to contact delegate from other country.so some schools cant handle very big budgets.
so if there a delegate in sri lanka,we have no problem in future.
so how to be a WCA delegate?
delegate i mean official result collector in a competition.sorry about my English knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
It will be great if you ask your Neighbour country for example India, India has a WCA delegate. I think for the first competition in your country you have to inviting hem. Good Luck. By the way 400 or 4000 cubers in your country it doesn't mean the competitions will be easy for less experiences cubers, so gatherings and active in the form will help.

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
i contact him.but we have to pay many for his journy.problem is our school do not give us permission to handle big budgets.(damn non cubers)

I know that situation, it was the same with Indonesian cubers, I organized from The Netherlands alone, searched the venue, called left, right , asked every where searching etc etc, and I trained them how to compete as the WCA regulations , before that they were only can solve but they didn't know how to compete, judging, scrambling. Now they have self confidence and comfort to make them own competitions .

I think 1 of more of you should come to a WCA competitions somewhere. Or you must be patient for this :( sorry I can't help or maybe 1 of WCA delegates who has more time and money willing help you and the rest of Bangladesh cubers. I wish you luck.

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
Oops I got Idea , Do you know The Distributor of Rubik's in your country, ask them to support the WCA delegate to come to your country. This is only The One way to make all Srilangka cubers dreaming come true.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for the bump, but I think it is necessary to revisit this topic.

I think a requirement of a new WCA delegate is a supply and demand problem. If there are already too many delegates existing in your region, then it is impossible to get elected as a delegate unless you relocate to some other city.

Becoming a WCA delegate process can be streamlined more. Just getting referrals after showing interest is not a scalable way of election I think.