• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How often do you lube?

I lubricate my cube like once a week which I think is waaaaaaaaay too often. I use jig-a-loo just like most other cubers do, but after about a week of heavy use it feels like it should be more loose. Do I need to spray more in there?? Or is this a normal time frame?

Mitch15

WCA
2009ROMI01
if my modded AV im using keep getting better like it is right now, ill never lube it again, otherwise, when it feels stiff. i lube my new a3 maybe once every other month, but i dont use it a lot, and havent lubed my FII yet

Probably another thing I should have mentioned in my case is that my main speedcube I've only been using for about a month, so it's relatively new as far as speedcubes go. Thanks for the input.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I lubricate my cube like once a week which I think is waaaaaaaaay too often. I use jig-a-loo just like most other cubers do, but after about a week of heavy use it feels like it should be more loose. Do I need to spray more in there?? Or is this a normal time frame?

Using Jig-a-loo once a week sounds WAY to often. It should last much longer than that. What type of cube is it?

I don't have a set time frame, just whenever my cube feels like its getting a bit slow.

uhuh. It's a competition standard from puzl.co.uk, probably a type A.

I only pop one or two edges and spray some in there and go from there. And while the results may seem convincing I think i'm not applying enough of it.

DaijoCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Depends on the cube. I lube my GH1 when it becomes stiffer (3 weeks/1 months).

Never lubed some other cubes like my Micro Memory Cube, 3x3x7, most YJ cubes because they comes overlubed with quite good lube.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
uhuh. It's a competition standard from puzl.co.uk, probably a type A.

I only pop one or two edges and spray some in there and go from there. And while the results may seem convincing I think i'm not applying enough of it.

Regardless of how much lube you spray in you may just have the tension set too tight. If its not popping try loosening the screws.