• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How often to lube the cube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

info

Jigaloo melts down all cubes. It has some chemical reaction when it comes in contact with PLASTIC, and cubes are made of plastic. So you have to let it dry for a while, make it totally solid, and then put the pieces back together (if you lubricate them separately)
I see, so my understanding is that it's OK to use it as long as one allows it to dry properly. Thanks.

alexgoldberg

The regular red can of CRC silicone spray always make my cube very smooth and fast after it dries, but after a few days / couple weeks it becomes slightly gummy. It's still relatively quick, but there's an obnoxious gumminess. I've since turned to Prestone silicone spray, which works just as fast, but doesn't have the gummy after-effect.

CRC doesn't impress me, and I've been trying to find a replacement. Prestone seems like it doesn't last long; I find myself spraying in the cube more often than I feel like it should be necessary.

I'm ordering CRC's food grade silicone to see how that works out, and I'll try the Rubiks.com liquid later. I can't remember where I saw the post about the bulk rubiks.com liquid silicone... the single syringes don't seem like they're worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.