• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] How many cube rotation during the F2L is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you want to solve with <L, U, R, y> only then you can solve any F2L (after cross) with only one y rotation.

However, you'll find that most of the time this adds on a couple extra moves, so anywhere between 1-3 is best in a speedsolve.

CubePro

YouTube
Visit Channel
How is 0 rotations not speed optimal?

0 rotations is definitely not speed optimal, but it is optimal. And if you don't want any rotations in your solves, you can always keep the pseudo pair in the F face and do d and d' moves.
Sometimes rotating is faster, for example F U' F' U F U F' is not as fast as y' R U' R' U R U R'

Or you can do F U' F' d' R U R'

YouTube
Visit Channel
0 rotations is definitely not speed optimal, but it is optimal. And if you don't want any rotations in your solves, you can always keep the pseudo pair in the F face and do d and d' moves.

Or you can do F U' F' d' R U R'

Better yet, start doing edge control while doing f2l. Learn rotationless solving, use empty slots more. Having no rotations in f2l seems very doable but I would say try to aim for 2 rotations or anywhere between 1-3. I do lots of rotations and sometimes it is inefficient.

While I was away, I made a video doing "optimal" aka zero rotation f2l.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.