• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How Many Algorithms Do You Have Memorized ?

How Many Algorithms Do You Have Memorized for 3x3 ?

• 1-50

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • 51-100

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 101-150

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • 151-200

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 201+

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
253 ZBLL algs, about 5 WVs, 24 COLLs which I don't know the ZBLLs for, 5 WVCPs, maybe 10 TTLLs and TSLEs, both O perm+DF-FR swap (don't ask), about 10 ELLs, UFR-LBD+UF-UR, 25 OLLs (not counting OCLLs), a lot of alt PLLs including OH (probably 20+ in total, a lot of them U perms) and quite possibly a few others. If we include non 3x3, I know CLL and EG-1 for 2x2 plus other algs for other events. So, I know at least 355 algs for just 3x3.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
24 OLL algs, if you count mirrors
21 PLL algs, including mirrors, plus alternate algs for U and H.
Arguable whether I know any algs for f2l or it’s just intuitive at this point, some intuitive solutions are in muscle memory.

Non-3x3:
Odd OLL parity
Even OLL parity
Opposite and adjacent PLL parity
Roughly half a dozen CO algs for Megaminx
Sledge and double sledge for Skewb
Edge flip for pyraminx
Single edge orientation, adjacent corner swap, U-perm, and opposite parity for Square-1
6 algs for M2 3BLD (M-slice and parity)
4 more algs for r2/m2 4BLD
3 more algs for 5BLD U2 +centers
6 algs for Ortega that aren’t shared with 3x3

So 47 specifically 3x3 algs, give or take. About 83 total algs. Just enough to solve all WCA puzzles. I would like to finish learning OLL, just because it would help my 4x4 times. I may also need to learn a few more Square-1 algs to make a cutoff, and eventually some big-blind center comms.

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Full PLL =21
Alternative PLL algs roughly =12
Full OLL =57
Alternative OLL Algs roughly =5
COLL -S/AS 28-5 OCLLs incl. in OLL =23
Alternative COLL algs about 3
2GLL T set 12-1 incl. in COLL =11
2GLL U set (currently learning) =4

If I did the math right, that would amount to 136 :)

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
253 ZBLL algs, about 5 WVs, 24 COLLs which I don't know the ZBLLs for, 5 WVCPs, maybe 10 TTLLs and TSLEs, both O perm+DF-FR swap (don't ask), about 10 ELLs, UFR-LBD+UF-UR, 25 OLLs (not counting OCLLs), a lot of alt PLLs including OH (probably 20+ in total, a lot of them U perms) and quite possibly a few others. If we include non 3x3, I know CLL and EG-1 for 2x2 plus other algs for other events. So, I know at least 355 algs for just 3x3.

Wow. It's like another language to me. :D

efattah

LMCF: about 310 algorithms, including full EG, Waterman sets 1-7, E2L pair sets, E2L triplets sets, UD transition sets, full L5E, L6E special cases

Solvador Cubi

Since it's been a few days since opening the poll, (as of 9/3 there has been 65+ votes.)
I guess it's time for some extrapolation speculation. :)

It is interesting that the results so far are showing some fairly equal distributions across 4 of the segments.
It's not difficult to see how different level of cubers (beginners to experts) fit into them.

I guess once someone knows 150+ algs, they are serious and generally keep going to 200+.
I personally didn't think there would be so many 200+ !!! perhaps I should have made options of higher counts.

anyway, thanks everyone, I was just curious.

-= Solvador Cubi

efattah

Things have changed in cubing and will keep changing; even around 2014 probably very few people knew 200+ algorithms. In those days CFOPers most just had OLL/PLL. Then some people started learning OLLCP and VLS and gained an advantage, so then some learned ZBLL, then Jabari learned 1LLL (or most of it, 2000+ algs), and so to stay competitive the required algorithm count keeps increasing and will probably keep increasing for a while.

TheKravCuber

WCA
2019MARA05
YouTube
Visit Channel
For actual speed solving, 24 :confused: :?.... Still have to learn the sune, anti-sune, and pi CMLL algs....
Although I do also know T-Perm, the three special M2 cases(because cycles don't count:p) and M2 parity. So that brings total alg count to 29 algs

GAN 356 X

For actual speed solving, 24 :confused: :?.... Still have to learn the sune, anti-sune, and pi CMLL algs....
Although I do also know T-Perm, the three special M2 cases(because cycles don't count:p) and M2 parity. So that brings total alg count to 29 algs
I highly recommend learning y perm, j perm next as it is often used in other algs like n perm. y perm permutes the corners and makes you end up with an edge cycle. it also contains two of the olls

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol. What the hell is an o perm? DF-FR swap? And here I am, after just learning all the plls (yes, I just learnt n perm at long last) and am facing the massive task ahead: learning full oll

I currently only know part of PLL part of OLL, and PBL for ortega.
Good Luck with full OLL.