• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How fast is your internet?

spdcbr

1292582667.png

D: how to improve? lol

nicoc77

When I download stuff, I get 120 kbps MAX. I don't see why this shows 1mbps. Could someone clarify?

Because the test is show in Mega bits per second and your internet browser download manager show the speed in Kilo bytes per second. Now 1 "Mega" = 1024 "Kilo" and 1 "byte" = 8 "bits". So if you have 1 Megabit p/s connection that's equal to 1024 Kilobits p/s and that divided by 8 is equal to 128 Kilobytes p/s your theoretical perfect download speed for a 1 Megabit p/s connection.

You can configure speedtest.net setting so that is show the results in Kilobytes per second and you will get same speed that your browser shows.

Sg.Speedcuber

WCA
2009ZAMZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@sg speedcuber 50 miles singapore to singapore that is cheating :D
go at least to kuala lumpur

LOL.nah,here in Singapore,the're planning this project called "The next generation nationwide broadband network", which is Singapore's all fibre ultra high speed broadband network. So basically,the internet is transmitted through optical fibre and is able to transmit large amounts of data at high speeds :D