• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do you memorise the cross in Fidrich or the EOLine in ZZ Method?

I don't understand how cubers memorise the EOLine in ZZ Method while inspection........ do they translate their moves into algorithms and apply it when solving.
Please teach me how to memorise the EOline/CRoss and give me tips if possible

cashis

It's not really memorizing.
It's more of just thinking about it for long enough to do it.
You sort of just know the moves that need to be done, and do them.
sorry that probably didn't help much :p

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't understand how cubers memorise the EOLine in ZZ Method while inspection........ do they translate their moves into algorithms and apply it when solving.
Please teach me how to memorise the EOline/CRoss and give me tips if possible

To memorize the first step of a solve, you find the pieces and visualise where they move to and how to solve them. Never use algs. To practise, use as much inspection as you need (40s+) and eventually you will be sub 10 inspection planning.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know ZZ, so I can't tell you about EOLine. Doing CFOP cross BLD is really just a matter of knowing of starting out tracking the pieces in your head and using tricks to be able to do the cross in very few moves. Once you get that down just practice doing it BLD and soon you'll get to a point where you never have to think about it and can start looking for your first pair in inspection.

lerenard

Like the others said, just know where the pieces need to go and move them there. Don't worry about doing it ridiculously fast, you should be looking ahead while you do the cross/EOLine, which is difficult at high speeds. There's no point doing a 2 second cross if you spend 3 seconds looking for your first pair.

mDiPalma

you can think in hand motions. (memorize the sequence of hand motions)

or you can think in letters. (memorize the moves individually, then translate them into hand motions during the solve)

or you can just wing it like it's NBD and turn off the inspection like a real man.

giphy.gif