• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ribena

I'm Kwabena, 16yrs old, and I've been cubing for about 3yrs now. I began cubing when I saw my friend playing with a dreadful $2 cube and I just had to know how to solve one. So this friend of mine loaned me a cube and the rest was history :)

I began speedcubing recently though on my 16th birthday in May when i received a Dayan Zhanchi for my birthday. Since the arrival of my Zhanchi my times have improve dramatically from about 2mins to sub-30s. I've learnt all the OLL and PLL cases in an attempt to improve my times and I've drastically improved my F2L but I'm still having trouble looking ahead I guess.

So hopefully from this website I'll be able to reach sub-20s by my 17th birthday :tu

Thanks

Veerexx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the welcome. That's the goal, reach sub-20 by May 2013. With a bit of practice i should get there

Hey there ^_^ I'm from Australia as well (Brisbane, where are you from?) and welcome :)
Zhanchi's are good :D They really help to improve times (I dropped from 50 to 40 the moment I started using one) and yeah :3
I'm 16 also :D
You know FULL OLL AND PLL?! Nice!
So jealous! I have only been cubing for two months now though. (I only know 2-look OLL and most 1-look PLL). Hooray for sub-30 (highfive).

EDIT: Good morning :D

Last edited:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to the forum! I recommend picking up a guhong as well when you have the chance. It surprises me how mainstream zhanchis are. I prefer the guhong by far.

ribena

Coincidentally I ordered a Guhong 2 days ago! My Zhanchi's starting to lock up so as a Christmas present i ordered myself a Guhong. I saw a lot of good reviews for it so i decided to get one.

Echo Cubing

Welcome Kwabena,you are a cute boy.and I think you can know more about magic cube in this forum. there are so many professional guys here.

cubecraze1

WCA
2011OMAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! Fellow Aussie speed cuber. :D sadly, most speed cubers in Australia live in Melbourne. But happily Sydney still has a lot of speed cubers. It is a new community though. Time wise you should fit in. :) This year, Sydney had their first competition and coming up Canberra will be having one. There was also one in New Castle. So you should expect more competitions in your area! :)