• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Connecting a Stackmat timer to computer

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
Thanks for the help but it's still not working. Like in your video, when I plug the timer in it will always show the -.- sign no matter if it is on or off. I think this is because my mac (with only one audio port) is seeing the cable as an output cable not an input. Does anyone know how to change this? Thanks for the help so far.

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the help but it's still not working. Like in your video, when I plug the timer in it will always show the -.- sign no matter if it is on or off. I think this is because my mac (with only one audio port) is seeing the cable as an output cable not an input. Does anyone know how to change this? Thanks for the help so far.

Yeah, I'm not so sure it works on a Mac. Try messing around with some settings or plugging it into another jack if there is one.

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
There's no other jacks. I tried to use it on a dell laptop, but that only has one input too. There was something about using a four segment audio cable. The QJ timer is a three segment. Well, I don't think I'm going to bother experimenting much more. Thanks for the help and effort.

youSurname

Things to know:
  • I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
  • I have a StackMat Pro that I'd like to connect.
  • I have the proper cable and adapter to do it - Yes, it's in the input slot, not the output slot. Yes, the computer is picking up the signal.
  • I use Prisma Puzzle Timer, although I have tried getting the timer to work with other timers (qqTimer, CCT) and it doesn't work there either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. When I connect it, the timers simply don't pick anything up. They remain at 0:00.00 no matter what I do with the timer.

Have a look at this post I made. :D

Aaditeya

Does Prisma Puzzle Timer connect wsith a QJ timer ?

Hey Cubers !
I have a QJ gen 3 Timer and I want to know how would it connect to Prisma Puzzle Timer .

Thanks in advanced !

The thread meant "Does Prisma Puzzle Timer connect with a QJ timer ?" and not "Does Prisma Puzzle Timer connect wsith a QJ timer ?"

Awder

WCA
2016WOJC04
I have a Yuxin timer. When I connect it to laptop with Windows XP it's weird and noisy alarm. CCT timer doesn't start when I'm solving. Please, help!

MentosCubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, so I have tried this on both a Chromebook and a Mac using csTimer. On both it is accepting audio input as a microphone when I use it as such (well, a bunch of beeps), but not showing up on csTimer.
I have the exact cable in the picture above. I plug the 2.5mm end into my StackMat Pro G4, and I have plugged the 3.5mm end into a few different things.
1. I tried plugging it into all the 3.5mm ports on both computers.
2. I bought a USB thing that allows you to plug in an external mic and headphones. I have tried its microphone port and its headphone port on both computers.
Given this hardware, is it possible to make this work on a Mac or Chromebook?

Gary Song

Whenever I try to connect my stackmat timer to my computer it doesn't work. Windows says it can detect it and the volume seems to be high. However, when I go to cs timer and allow the microphone it doesn't work. I know it isn't the timer or cables fault because it works on my chromebook. There is definitely a signal, it playsback when I go into the audio settings
When I'm on google chrome it doesn't even ask to use my microphone

Edit:
Ok so this was fixed when I lowered the input volume, so if anyone else has the problem try that
But Chrome still doesn't try to access my microphone

Ancho Cubing

Whenever I try to turn on my QJ timer while connected to my computer it makes a static like sound pls help

StripyCubing

Hi there. Having a big problem connecting my G4 timer to my laptop (Surface 3 running on Win10). The jack should be a dual headphone and microphone jack. I remember getting my QJ timer to work with CStimer once. My computer won't even recognise either timer as a device once plugged in and I have a brand new cable. Debating whether to get a microphone jack to usb adapter to try that out.

Anyone out there had the same problem? I just want my laptop to recognise the timer first.

EntireTV

Hi there. Having a big problem connecting my G4 timer to my laptop (Surface 3 running on Win10). The jack should be a dual headphone and microphone jack. I remember getting my QJ timer to work with CStimer once. My computer won't even recognise either timer as a device once plugged in and I have a brand new cable. Debating whether to get a microphone jack to usb adapter to try that out.

Anyone out there had the same problem? I just want my laptop to recognise the timer first.

This is the same for me. i have a microphone jack on my computer and the right cables but the laptop doesn't seem to recognize it. i just gave up lol