• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

HELP my hands are killing me

Capcubeing

Hi guys every time I cube for more than 10 solves my whole hand cramps any tips to help this or keep it from flaring up

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Does this only happen with cubing? How hard are you forcing the cube? What cube are you using? What type of cramp?

I have honestly never heard of anyone getting cramp after 10 solves before

Capcubeing

Does this only happen with cubing? How hard are you forcing the cube? What cube are you using? What type of cramp?

I have honestly never heard of anyone getting cramp after 10 solves before
yep only with cubing and after like 10 or 15 solves the cramp is in my thumbs I am using a dyan tengyun m I think it may be beause that cube is very snappy.

YouTube
Visit Channel
dyan tengyun m I think it may be beause that cube is very snappy.
If it's snappy, then you're probably not turning accurately. I use the Tengyun as my backup main for 3x3 and my main for OH, and the only times it has felt snappy is when I turn too fast/inaccurate. But as Daxon said, lube it. Heavy lubes work best for it.

WCA
2018BRUM01
I think Martian would work well. Martian really does not speed up a cube as much as it just sets the speed of the cube at a good level and it is very soft and long lasting.

Fredrick

Just an idea but maybe try doing some slower solves and focus on your look ahead this way you practice look ahead and maybe you just need to rest your hands but don’t want to stop cubing.

Capcubeing

I took a few hours to set up my 3x3 well and that seems to have fixed the problem for now and I worked on look ahead thank you guys

WCA
2018BRUM01
If your hands still hurt you could have like arthritis or something like that. I know Lucas etter had problems with his hands after playing with cubes that had strong magnets but I don't think that would be happening with the tengyun because that has fairly weak magnets.

Capcubeing

y
If your hands still hurt you could have like arthritis or something like that. I know Lucas etter had problems with his hands after playing with cubes that had strong magnets but I don't think that would be happening with the tengyun because that has fairly weak magnets.
yeah I do not think I have that because it is mainly just crampy thumbs I think II solved the problem by setting up my cube

WCA
2018BRUM01
It could also be your grip. If you grip the cube weird that might hurt. If you have super small hands then that also might not help but I think the 55mm tengyun would be fine for someone with small hands.