• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

FS: labs puzzles, NIB puzzles, 356i, Valk2, more

chron0s

I'm always happy to entertain any and all offers, and love talking about merits of different cubes. But Andrew your first official comp is 2020 of this year - you've never used a 50mm OP Dayan for any length of time, and the price you're quoting is totally arbitrary - if you can point me to a place where I can get one for $15, I'll buy it. Your 2x2 average is also 6.5 seconds, that's worth taking into account when you judge a cube. If you're not interested in buying something there's no reason to post in a FS thread and say something is bad, that's poor form IMHO.

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
In @ProStar's defense:
But Andrew your first official comp is 2020 of this year
I don't see why that would make a difference. Maybe he was cubing for 5+ years before going to a comp, you can't just assume he's a noob.
Your 2x2 average is also 6.5 seconds, that's worth taking into account when you judge a cube.
He averages sub-4 (at least) from what I've seen.
you've never used a 50mm OP Dayan for any length of time, and the price you're quoting is totally arbitrary - if you can point me to a place where I can get one for $15, I'll buy it.
I personally would pay more than $15 (because it is a cool collector's item), but definitely not $45. Also, if you can point me to a place where I can get one at all, (besides from some random person on eBay or on these forums) I'll buy it.
If you're not interested in buying something there's no reason to post in a FS thread and say something is bad, that's poor form IMHO.
While that may be true, that might just be him saying that you should lower the price. It did sound slightly rude in my opinion, but it could have just been that he was surprised that the price is that high.

chron0s

Guys I'm not trying to stir up any drama, my bad! Appreciate the input, I'm just going to remove it from my listing - if anyone wants to trade for an Aolong V1 (NOT v2 and not in pastel stickerless, white or black, not mini) I'm all ears

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have one, why would I want one? My post was why it's not worth that much
Jim UK shipping is expensive from the US, and slow right now. I'd have to give you an exact rate based on what you're getting, and would of course give a discount, but expect it to run $15 USD give or take.
I think his point was how can you judge a cube if you don’t even have it.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
But Andrew your first official comp is 2020 of this year
So? Just because I've only been cubing for a year doesn't mean I don't know anything

you've never used a 50mm OP Dayan for any length of time
I have tried one before, I just don't own one. It wasn't any good(compared to what 2x2s we have now)

f you can point me to a place where I can get one for $15, I'll buy it.
There are no large sellers(because it's discontinued), but I've seen many times(even just on here) people selling them for around $30. My estimate was low, but after some research the price point is still below what you're selling for. Of course, sometimes people will pay a lot more than they need to for it; on eBay one was sold recently for $65

Your 2x2 average is also 6.5 seconds, that's worth taking into account when you judge a cube
I average sub-3.5, I got nervous at the comp and that was also before I practiced a lot

If you're not interested in buying something there's no reason to post in a FS thread and say something is bad, that's poor form IMHO.
It's warning other people who may be looking for that cube that they can probably get it for cheaper

chron0s

Guys please, I apologized, crossed out the message, and even took the cube down, we don't need to continue this discussion. I'll leave it to the mods to decide if "warning people" in FS threads is appropriate.

chron0s

I don't know why I'm saying this or why we're even having this discussion, but I don't see any distinction being made here between the 46mm version, and 50mm version - 46mm is both more common (you could even find it in stores as recently as 2 years ago) and cheaper.

also you yourself admit that $15 was significantly lower yet don't apologize - again, poor form. Mods?

EDIT: just went through 'dayan op' and 'dayan old plastic' and could find very few instances of this cube being sold on the forum at all, none with asking price of $30.

Last edited:

chron0s

Lowered prices and updated with sold items - everything listed is available. Freebies and discounts for folks who purchase multiple cubes