• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

First Time Blindsolving a 3x3

brando721

WCA
2013GILE01
Well I've been learning about blindsolving (old pochmann) for quite a while, getting some of the techniques down before I actually attempted a blindsolve. I finally decided to try it out and this was the result. Failure (obviously) but not bad I suppose. I think I must have messed up some of the edge swaps or setup moves. For all of you blindsolvers out there, how was your first attempt? What method did you use? How long before you were able to succeed? Just curious. Happy cubing!

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
old pochmann, i had actually been thinking about it for a long time and learning before doing my first one.
i did a whole bunch of times just practicing the edges and corners separately before doing an actual attempt.

i did get it on my first actual attempt, the memo took like 10 - 20 mins cause i really wanted to get it right. slow memo method as well. the solving part took a little over 8 mins.
i dont do BLD much, and my best is about 5 mins.

brando721

WCA
2013GILE01
im8b5u.jpg

bg4s5s.jpg

xfylva.jpg

Last edited:

brando721

WCA
2013GILE01
Not sure how long this took but I took a good 20 minutes on the memo so it sucked to have the failure :p I believe I messed up a j or t perm at some point. For some reason I accidentally will do a j perm instead of a t perm when I'm blind ( I don't know why). I will try again tomorrow though.

redbeat0222

YouTube
Visit Channel
old pochmann, i had actually been thinking about it for a long time and learning before doing my first one.
i did a whole bunch of times just practicing the edges and corners separately before doing an actual attempt.

i did get it on my first actual attempt, the memo took like 10 - 20 mins cause i really wanted to get it right. slow memo method as well. the solving part took a little over 8 mins.
i dont do BLD much, and my best is about 5 mins.
5 Minutes is good compared to me DNFing all the time.

etshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I've been learning about blindsolving (old pochmann) for quite a while, getting some of the techniques down before I actually attempted a blindsolve. I finally decided to try it out and this was the result. Failure (obviously) but not bad I suppose. I think I must have messed up some of the edge swaps or setup moves. For all of you blindsolvers out there, how was your first attempt? What method did you use? How long before you were able to succeed? Just curious. Happy cubing!

my first was 6 week ago , 12 mins i guess , using old pochman , it's was my first try , now I'm using M2/OP and I average around 3:30
once you get it , your times will reduce dramatically , My only advice is to use a lettering schema , it will make the memo and the execution very efficient , stick to old pochman until you can average under 6 or 5 mins , then learn another advanced method , good luck :)

AlexByard

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can not remember how many attempts it took me. It was either 1 or 2. It took me...... A long time. :D I was using OP/M2. My memo method and parity method was terrible. Keep BLDing.

brando721

WCA
2013GILE01
I shall try again tomorrow when I'm not exhausted. My solve attempts are just getting worse and I can barely compose this sentence with proper english XD

brando721

WCA
2013GILE01
Ok so I hadn't tried any BLD since last weekend. First try today and it was a success! Took roughly 10 minutes maybe a little less but I am really excited!!!!! :D

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I remember that I practiced a lot - I mean, a LOT - before I dared to try a full BLD. Weeks. Practiced partial solves, partial memos, solving with written memo, etc. My first try was a success, but with all those practice, it's no wonder. I think I memorized the cube about 20 minutes.

Sebbe

WCA
2013TORH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just completed my first successful BLD solve 15-20 minutes ago. :) It was on my second attempt at doing a full cube BLD.

My first attempt went like this.

I have practiced execution quite a lot, doing an old Pochmann style solve while looking at the cube. Once I felt comfortable with that, I did a few practice solves of corners only, 1-2 of edges only, and then finally started trying a full cube. :)

Took me 27:57.74. :)