• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs 9.21 3x3x3 average

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually, I don't think so. He has been cubing for only almost 2 years I believe, which is very, very short compared to most of the top speedcubers, and his rate of improvement is just insane. Sure, he practises like mad everyday but he's gotta have some real talent to be able to get this fast in this short amount of time. And talent is not something everyone has.

EDIT: or the key here might just be CN :D

I think it must just be the talent >.<

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does this mean he is officially the fastest cuber in the world? :eek:

Erik's faster officially, Felik's is more consistent.

I consider RA of 5 to be a better indication of true speed.

But wouldn't you agree that if one person ran a mile in 4 minutes when they averaged 5 minutes in practice, & another ran 4:30 when they averaged 4:30 in practice, the first person would have a faster solve officially?

OregonTrail

But wouldn't you agree that if one person ran a mile in 4 minutes when they averaged 5 minutes in practice, & another ran 4:30 when they averaged 4:30 in practice, the first person would have a faster solve officially?

I love how you completely broke the metaphor halfway through. :3

I would consider the person with the 4:30 average to be faster simply because I value consistency.

Yes Erik has an official faster solve, but in my opinion, Feliks is a faster cuber.

I consider Average of 5 to be a better indication of true speed.

fixed

Actually, an average would include all of the times. WCA "averages" are in fact "trimmed means". (But yeah my bad it's not an RA, because it wasn't rolling from previous solves)

Last edited:

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I love how you completely broke the metaphor halfway through. :3

I would consider the person with the 4:30 average to be faster simply because I value consistency.

Yes Erik has an official faster solve, but in my opinion, Feliks is a faster cuber.

I meant time. Yes, but he asked officially.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

That analogy makes no sense because luck plays a huge factor in cubing. You can't skip the last lap in running (and if you could you'd have to discard those times in order to find out how fast people really were). The 7.08 was a lucky on top of an already good solve, and saying Erik is faster because his best single time (out of 100 attempts) is better than faz's (out of 10 attempts) is ridiculous.