• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs 9.21 3x3x3 average

OregonTrail

I knew it when I first watched his tutorials that Feliks would own the world at his next comp!

His sense for F2L lookahead and color neutral ability is unmatched.

Congratulations!!!!

OregonTrail

Faz can you post the 8.33 single as well?

I'd like to add it to cubingchannel

EDIT: CAN YOU POST THE 4x4 WR AVERAGE AS WELL!?!?

WTF, I just noticed that you completely owned the world today.

Edit 2:

Ah, I see you're posting it tomorrow.

Well please post the 8.33 as well if you have it. :)

Last edited:

Mr Cubism

To performe like this with expectations from everywhere....very very strong......besides the happiness, it must be a big relief too......

A new Era has begun!

rowehessler

feliks,
amazing job yesterday, i must say i am really impressed. I am very happy for you and you definately deserve it. and great 2x2 avg, you closed the gap a lil more in the rankings :p

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
People expected a lot from you and you delivered even more..congratulations!

Just checked the results at WCA website (wow that's fast!) and wtf THREE sub-40s in the 4x4 with a counting 48! Just pure awesomeness...and you almost got 5x5 single WR as well! Dan needs to work harder, people are getting reaalllly close to his 5x5 times :p

Just legendary..I bet it'll even take at least a few months before another sub-10 average appears in comp (unless it's from you :p)

Now to quote Stefan Pochmann: Go blame your parents for the rest of your life for not letting you go to the recent WC :D

And not to forget the million dollar question: A-V or F-II? :D

EDIT: Just watched the vid, pretty sure that's an A-V :) And I was definitely expecting a much bigger reaction than a fist pump...heh

Last edited:

OregonTrail

For some reason I loled when I read this on the WCA homepage

WCA said:
World records: Feliks Zemdegs Rubik's Cube 9.21 (average), 4x4 Cube 42.01 (average).
Australian records: Feliks Zemdegs Rubik's Cube 8.33 (single), 4x4 Cube 37.83 (single), 5x5 Cube 1:07.61 (single) 1:18.40 (average), 2x2 Cube 2.16 (single) 3.03 (average), 3x3 one-handed 16.46 (single) 20.71 (average), Pyraminx 4.38 (single) 7.13 (average), Square-1 22.88 (average), Rubik's Magic 1.36 (single), Matthew Wanstall 3x3 blindfolded 2:24.81 (single), Tim Major Rubik's Clock 17.50 (single).

ManasijV

WCA
2011VENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Feliks has superpowers! this is just way too awesome! Congratulations

He didn't get one solve above 11 the whole competition?? :O I don't even remember him doing so well in the weekly competitions :)

Last edited:

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I decided to quit speed solving 3x3.
congratz to the new WR holder.

I think Feliks just proved that if you keep practicing and don't quit, you can achieve such things.

Actually, I don't think so. He has been cubing for only almost 2 years I believe, which is very, very short compared to most of the top speedcubers, and his rate of improvement is just insane. Sure, he practises like mad everyday but he's gotta have some real talent to be able to get this fast in this short amount of time. And talent is not something everyone has.

EDIT: or the key here might just be CN :D