• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

FeiWu vs YuLong?

CubeCow

Which is better for a beginner cuber: A Cyclone boys' FeiWu, or A YJ Yulong.

I would also like a status comparison.

Thanks!

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which is better for a beginner cuber: A Cyclone boys' FeiWu, or A YJ Yulong.

I would also like a status comparison.

Thanks!

Don't get hung up on the idea of "beginner cube". Get whatever cube you like. I've never used the FeiWu, so I can't speak on that, but I have used the YuLong, and it's just fine. However, I like the GuanLong more, and it's generally cheaper.

Ingo

I own a FeiWu, but it seems that Cyclone Boys sometimes have inconsistencies with the naming of their cubes,
or maybe its just that the cube shops use different names. The FeiWu was also sold under the names "FeiXuan"
and "Simplified version". I don't know, if the FeiWu that recently showed up is a new cube or just the old one from
last year. Does anyone of you guys know? If it is a new cube than maybe i have to try it out someday.
The FeiWu that i own is quite good after tensioning and lubing with shock oil, but the YuLong still performs better,
at least for me.

CubeCow

I own a FeiWu, but it seems that Cyclone Boys sometimes have inconsistencies with the naming of their cubes,
or maybe its just that the cube shops use different names. The FeiWu was also sold under the names "FeiXuan"
and "Simplified version". I don't know, if the FeiWu that recently showed up is a new cube or just the old one from
last year. Does anyone of you guys know? If it is a new cube than maybe i have to try it out someday.
The FeiWu that i own is quite good after tensioning and lubing with shock oil, but the YuLong still performs better,
at least for me.

FeiXuan is a stickered white plastic cube, and Simplified version is like you said, just another name for it. And thanks for the advice.

CubeCow

Don't get hung up on the idea of "beginner cube". Get whatever cube you like. I've never used the FeiWu, so I can't speak on that, but I have used the YuLong, and it's just fine. However, I like the GuanLong more, and it's generally cheaper.

Thanks for the advice.