• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Feet is officially unofficial

• Thread starter Underwatercuber
  • Start date

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
It's clear to me that for someone who is just organizing and attending competitions, you have a clear interest in inner WCA workings. Committee/team positions are constantly opening, and if you have the time, I'd highly recommend becoming part of one to become more familiar with what happens.
I probably don’t have the time, but where would I even find out about those openings?

I do not advocate wholesale change. As far as getting people in who have no experience, how about this as an amendment to the proposal that Mr. Burton so magnanimously shut down: rather than 5 Board members elected to a one year term, 6 members with 2 elected every year to a 3 year term? Or some variation on that. Just something that would allow for the continuity that I think you are rightly concerned about while still opening the system up a little for some community accountability.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Voting is not the issue. The issue is that there is a lack of willing, qualified individuals to run the position. I think you are implying we should open up the board to more than committee members or full delegates, but I strongly disagree with allowing anyone to run the WCA without being a part of it in some official capacity first.
I am about to summit a application that I know I can help with if I get accepted, but before I do is there a certain group/commity that needs more help versus another one?

I probably don’t have the time, but where would I even find out about those openings?

I do not advocate wholesale change. As far as getting people in who have no experience, how about this as an amendment to the proposal that Mr. Burton so magnanimously shut down: rather than 5 Board members elected to a one year term, 6 members with 2 elected every year to a 3 year term? Or some variation on that. Just something that would allow for the continuity that I think you are rightly concerned about while still opening the system up a little for some community accountability.
2 things (and please don't take me wrong), but
1. I think you need to calm down a little bit before typing something else. I understand that annoyance that you (and others are facing with FT), but I think you wouldn't be saying some of the things you are saying if you were not as stressed as you are now (correct me if I am wrong, but I know a lot of people (if not most) are like that, myself included. The WCA has made a decision and even if people don't think they went about this in the best way this time around (which even Lucas says to some degree about this decision ) I think everyone should respect that and recognize that once a decision has been make, ranting/raging about it in a not so nice way is not the correct response (which I believe you would agree with).

Lastly, I believe these discussions should be moved to this thread: https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/feet-solvers-association-fsa.75851/#post-1339783 and leave this thread for the actual competition.

Nathanael

WCA
2019ROBE21
YouTube
Visit Channel

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I apologize for my earlier removed post, it contained inappropriate content. I believe the points I was making are valid, and I will reiterate them here:

1. The decision the remove Feet was the wrong decision
2. The process of making the decision was handled poorly by the WCA
3. The WCA Board is not accountable to the community, this needs to be changed.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Capcubeing

The wca has made an announcement that feet will be officially removed as of January 1st 2020. I am not a good feet solver but I think feet was a harmless event and feet is a good and fun event. Feet is basically another version of oh. I realize feet may look silly or unprofessional but it is an event that takes skill. There main reasons for removing it is that it is hard to organize and it is quite a “hygiene” concern.Also because of the low participation. This is not the greatest reasoning in my opinion but oh well. I just want to voice my opinion that I don’t like this decision. But I think this is a done deal feet was a great event and I will miss it. I do think that the wca was doing what they think is right for the community so props to them. I just wish feet was saved and it is ok if you don’t agree with my opinion.

ari(a cuber)

WCA
2019BONN04
I disagree with the decision, but I don't think there's much we can do about it now... the decision seems pretty set in stone.
If there's still enough people willing to fight the change, it might be possible to get it reversed. Otherwise, I think the best next steps would be to try and get a new event added in its place (cough cough curvy copter).
I think kilominx would be a great candidate to take it's place, or , hear me out, 2x2 multiblind.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
I think kilominx would be a great candidate to take it's place, or , hear me out, 2x2 multiblind.
I disagree completely with 2x2 mbld. It doesn’t add anything new as the best BLDers would just be the best at this. This is not necessarily true with 4 and 5 BLD.

Kilominx I could see, but I would need to see evidence that a usable kilominx can be manufactured before I think the WCA should add it.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
The only realistic replacement for 3x3 WF is 4x4 WF, but actually they should both be added in. That fixes the issue of having special timers just for one event.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
The only new event they should add is this one. It is an event specifically catered to non-cubers and it goes like this.

A Skewb is placed on the table in front of the competitor. The competitor has to pick it up without dropping. If the competitor succeeds, they don't get laughed at.

I think this will be brilliant.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

The only new event they should add is this one. It is an event specifically catered to non-cubers and it goes like this.

A Skewb is placed on the table in front of the competitor. The competitor has to pick it up without dropping. If the competitor succeeds, they don't get laughed at.

Omg yes when I first got my skewb I was doing that all over the place lol.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04

This is just cruel. I know how to solve Skewb and I still couldn’t pull this off.