• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Feet Discussion

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to use a thunderclap, which was really nice. I didn't get corner twists until I started official solves :(. That is my slowest official solve to date.
Now I use an Air. It's a little bit loose because it's bad when it's tight, but I corner twisted a possible 35 and got a 47 and lost the comp. I tightened it a little so hopefully that won't happen ever again.
I want to get an Air M because I figure that magnets would help feet solving more than normal 3x3.

EvanTheCuber

Ok, so I am currently trying to solve a cube with my feed. But 1 minute in, I had 1 cross pair in, and I just gave up and solved the cube regularly. Do you guys have any tips? thanks

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Ok, so I am currently trying to solve a cube with my feed. But 1 minute in, I had 1 cross pair in, and I just gave up and solved the cube regularly. Do you guys have any tips? thanks

1. Search on SS before making a duplicate thread
2. Just bear through it. It takes me around 5 minutes, you just gotta keep going on. It's like OH before you're fast, just resist the urge to put your hands on the cube

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
It’s really just practice. At some point it is worth learning some new algorithms, because slice moves are very clunky with Feet, but for now just keep trying and it will click eventually. Ideally you want a bit stiffer of a cube than for regular solving, I have used a Rubik’s brand before with reasonable success. In general you will be holding the cube with one foot, and turning with the big toe of the other foot. But you’ll figure out some tricks and what works for you as you go along.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
This is an old thread, but there was just a new thread about Feet solving, so I’ll bump it. Maybe with the current emphasis on hand washing a few more people will realize just how silly the claim that feet are unhygienic is.

I just read through the thread, and I don’t see mention of my favorite Feet alg:

Z-perm: F’ L’ U’ L U F R’ U’ F R’ F’ R U R

Idle musings: I’m thinking that considering everything going on, when we can have competitions again a little gallows humor may not be out of place. I’m considering renaming (at least temporarily) my Big Cheese series of competitions to “Six Feet Under Wisconsin.” The main events would naturally be Feet (with or without WCA sanction) and 6x6.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
dle musings: I’m thinking that considering everything going on, when we can have competitions again a little gallows humor may not be out of place. I’m considering renaming (at least temporarily) my Big Cheese series of competitions to “Six Feet Under Wisconsin.” The main events would naturally be Feet (with or without WCA sanction) and 6x6.
Assuming a travel ban isn't still in order--that sounds like a fantastic idea. If I have the time and means, I would definitely go.

Also, even though I don't practice Feet anymore, that's a great alg.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Assuming a travel ban isn't still in order--that sounds like a fantastic idea. If I have the time and means, I would definitely go.

Also, even though I don't practice Feet anymore, that's a great alg.

It wouldn’t be until February, we better be back up by then.

I’ve actually taken to using that alg interchangeably with the MU version for all NxN. I think the right way to do it is predict AUF: MU requires a U2 at the end, that one ends with corners in the same places as they started.