• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Favorite PLL Algs

xitvono

one of my favorites is this Ja perm, which is L U' R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R
Also I enjoy this Y perm, which is my favorite diagonal swap permutation. It is the nonstandard
F R U' R' U' R U y' R U R' B' R U' R2

Hazel

Premium Member
My Ja perm, I use this for 2x2 PLL too and I don't see many people at all use it but I can sub-1 it: x U2 r' U' r U2 l' U R' U' R2
Only problem is that the alg ends up doing an x2 by the end, so if you have an AUF it's really an ADF.

WCA
2012BRAS01
Anything MU (U H and Z standard MU algs).
Anything RUD (Aa Ab and E standard algs).

Ga: R2 u R' U R' U' r U' R2 F' U F
I execute that in a pretty similar way to the way Drew Brads executes it.

You can never go wrong with standard Jb and T.

V: z D' R2 D R2' U R' D' R U' R U R' D R U'
I honestly believe that every cuber who uses CFOP should use this V perm (at least for 3x3, it's pretty bad for big cubes+OH). It's that good.

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
This one is my favourite because it's almost 2-gen and super fast and easy.

R' U R U' x' U (R U2 R' U' R U' R') U2 R U R' U' x

The first 4 moves are really just a sledgehammer performed at a rotation, the part in brackets is an Anti-Sune, and it has a sexy finish. I don't understand why this isn't the alg everyone uses.
What permutation is it?

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
V: z D' R2 D R2' U R' D' R U' R U R' D R U'
I honestly believe that every cuber who uses CFOP should use this V perm (at least for 3x3, it's pretty bad for big cubes+OH). It's that good.

Funny thing about muscle memory... I played with this for several minutes before I realized it's the one I've always used. It can flow very well.

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
one of my favorites is this Ja perm, which is L U' R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R
Also I enjoy this Y perm, which is my favorite diagonal swap permutation. It is the nonstandard
F R U' R' U' R U y' R U R' B' R U' R2
You probably shouldn't be using that Y perm, considering there are much better ones, like this one:

F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F'

I've always used the unconventional R2 U S' U2 S U R2, but I like this one and never knew about it.
If you want to use M style U perms, you should try these! I use them, and they are fast! (just make sure to hold the solved bar at the back!)

Ua: M2 U M U2 M' U M2
Ub: M2 U' M U2 M' U' M2
I hate N perms give me best alg for N perms?
Sure! Here are the algs I use!

Na: R U R' U R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U2 R U' R' (Basically, the first 4 moves set-up into a Jb perm).
Nb:R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
I feel like V-Perm is severely underrated. I can do the RUD-Gen Rotationless one with no regrips and im pretty fast at it (sub-1.5 on a good enough turning cube) for a guy that averages 20 with CFOP (my main method is waterman).

Melvintnh327

J perm obviously
R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U'
E perm is also one of my favourite PLL's
x' R U' R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U' R' D'
it's just satisfying to execute
U-Perm: M2 u M' u2 M' u M2
I actually used that U perm before but I changed to M2 U M U2 M' U M2.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Standard Ja Perm with exec l' R' F R F' R U2 r' U L F2 (it looks stupid but that's how I execute)