• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fantasy Cubing 2015!

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
is there some advantage to this, perhaps?

Yes, being able to join is better than not being able to join :)

If you meant "missing" the deadline on purpose, that's not what I meant and I don't think that's a good idea.

Nathan/Noah, how does joining later work? If I'm not mistaken, the rules say you can create a 15 people team in the next two weeks, you can only change up to two per month, and you must always have exactly 15 people. I don't think that allows joining later.

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
Yes, being able to join is better than not being able to join :)

If you meant "missing" the deadline on purpose, that's not what I meant and I don't think that's a good idea.

Nathan/Noah, how does joining later work? If I'm not mistaken, the rules say you can create a 15 people team in the next two weeks, you can only change up to two per month, and you must always have exactly 15 people. I don't think that allows joining later.

You must create your team by January 15 to get points for the first month. After that you can still create your team, you just won't start getting points until the next month comes around.

Coolster01

WCA
2011SBAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, having feliks in on your team is never worh it, essentially? He'll never score 68250+ points in a month :p unless i'm understanding this incorrectly, you should only put people on for the month if you think they'll make more points in a single month than they did in 2014 + 2015 so far? Wow. That means a huge change in strategy is needed.

E: Wait, I'm wrong. Salary doesnt cut into actual points. So feliks wont actually make you go down 68000 a month. Otherwise people would get in the negatives xD

Last edited:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, having feliks in on your team is never worh it, essentially? He'll never score 68250+ points in a month :p unless i'm understanding this incorrectly, you should only put people on for the month if you think they'll make more points in a single month than they did in 2014 + 2015 so far? Wow. That means a huge change in strategy is needed.

E: Wait, I'm wrong. Salary doesnt cut into actual points. So feliks wont actually make you go down 68000 a month. Otherwise people would get in the negatives xD

You got it. Feliks is worth having if he will score 68000 points in the whole year. He's worth having for a month of you think that's the best way you can allocate 68000 + however many points and one spot on your roster for that month.

Genius4Jesus

WCA
2013ESPA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Will we be able to pick our teams soon?

Also, how will teams be listed as a team could change will the passing of each month? Ex. Winning person has team A at the start of the year, but has been through teams B, C, D, E and F by the end of the year.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Will we be able to pick our teams soon?

Also, how will teams be listed as a team could change will the passing of each month? Ex. Winning person has team A at the start of the year, but has been through teams B, C, D, E and F by the end of the year.

We are still waiting on the results of Kyushu Open 2014 before team picking can start.

We will try to have as much information available as possible about the history of each team. It might not be perfect at the beginning, but over time we will try to get people the information they want.

Pro94

WCA
2009PROV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So if I have a nub with 0 points at the beginning of the year on my team and he gets a 3x3 WR in this month, would it cut 0 or 40k or whatever into my salary for the next month?

(from http://fantasy.cubing.net/scoring.php)
EXAMPLE: Joe Smith scored 10,000 points in 2014. If you buy Joe Smith at the beginning of 2015 and keep him all year, you only pay him 10,000 points per month. If Joe scores 10,000 points between January and February, and you want to acquire him at the end of February, then you will have to pay his new salary, 20,000 points to have him on your team. Then if you keep him for the rest of the year, you pay him 20,000 points every month regardless of how much his salary goes up.

Coolster01

WCA
2011SBAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

(from http://fantasy.cubing.net/scoring.php)
EXAMPLE: Joe Smith scored 10,000 points in 2014. If you buy Joe Smith at the beginning of 2015 and keep him all year, you only pay him 10,000 points per month. If Joe scores 10,000 points between January and February, and you want to acquire him at the end of February, then you will have to pay his new salary, 20,000 points to have him on your team. Then if you keep him for the rest of the year, you pay him 20,000 points every month regardless of how much his salary goes up.

That's what I thought. Now I get everything. Thank you!