• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fantasy Cubing 2015!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WELCOME TO FANTASY CUBING 2015 EVERYONE!!!

I'm really, really excited for what we have for you guys today!

Before we get into it, I just want to give a big thanks to Nathan Bierema who has been working very hard over the past few weeks to get the new version of the website up and running.

First, check out the updated website: http://fantasy.cubing.net/

Instead of using a messy google form, you now register for Fantasy Cubing.

This year we are using an EXCITING NEW SYSTEM!!!

The scoring has stayed the same, but your team now has a salary cap that you will be grappling with all year long as you swap players onto and off of your team.

You can change two players every month, but players get more expensive as the year goes on.

You can learn all about this new team management system here.

We believe that this system will eliminate some of the shortcomings that Fantasy Cubing had last year. Here are the advantages of the new system:
-Increase in strategy and engagement year long.
-It will encourage people to choose less valuable players who will give a higher return.
-It will encourage people to choose players based on knowledge of the cubing community.
-You can correct mistakes from earlier in the year, but at a cost.

Many of you might be wondering why salaries go up as the year goes on. This is best explained using the example of Sameer Mahmood who scored 11637 points at his first competition in 2013. Because it was his first competition, his salary was 0 beforehand. If salaries did not go up based on number of points scored, then after an event like that everyone in Fantasy Cubing would put him on their team for free. Instead, people will have to make a serious decision about whether it is worth 11637 points of their salary cap to put Sameer on their team for the rest of the year.

We have spent a long time thinking about this new system and we think it is sound.

Team management is open!!!

Go here: http://fantasy.cubing.net/team.php

NOTE: I understand that you guys will have tons of questions. I will try to field every question here, but I implore you guys to read both the FAQ and the rules section carefully before asking anything. We will be updating the FAQ and the Clarifications section of the rules as we go along.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

P.S. Also join the Fantasy Cubing facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FantasyCubing/

Last edited:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, my planned team's total salary is 477161. I might have to rethink a couple of things.
E: 11 members, 239913 total...
maybe I shouldn't include faz?

Last edited:

MatejMuzatko

WCA
2013MUAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Amazing! But it gets too complicated with the salaries... I am confused... So we get amount of "money" and we pay them to cubers from our team? And these salaries are changing based on how the cuber was doing last month? Thanks for response :)

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Each month, you get 250,000 to buy cubers into your team, and "good" cubers cost more. You can buy at most two cubers each month, but you cannot have more than 15 people in your team.

uvafan

WCA
2012LIFL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
FANTASY CUBING 2015 - Register Today!

I love it! Thanks Noah and Nathan for working so hard to make this happen. The increase in strategy and engagement is awesome compared to last year's game. In addition I suspect the race for first at the top of the leaderboard will be much close and more exciting! I have not been cubing much lately but this gives me the chance to get myself at a cheap price and motivate myself to practice again. :p

Last edited:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
FANTASY CUBING 2015 - Register Today!

Amazing! But it gets too complicated with the salaries... I am confused... So we get amount of "money" and we pay them to cubers from our team? And these salaries are changing based on how the cuber was doing last month? Thanks for response :)

So you're pretty much there, but the essential detail is that if you buy a player for consecutive months, the amount you pay for them stays the same. The fact that salaries increase over the course of the year is only relevant when adding a new player to your team.

EDIT: there will soon be a slight rewording of the rules since some parts are needlessly confusing right now.

WCA
2012PATE01
When i try to log in it says rhis username is not activated, when i try to make a new account with the same username it says this username has already been taken,what do i have to do?

KevinG

WCA
2013GERH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So you're pretty much there, but the essential detail is that if you buy a player for consecutive months, the amount you pay for them stays the same. The fact that salaries increase over the course of the year is only relevant when adding a new player to your team.

EDIT: there will soon be a slight rewording of the rules since some parts are needlessly confusing right now.

Why didn't I get an E-mail?