• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Ello!

RS3M 2020 or RS3M 2021 (MagLev)

• RS3M 2020

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • RS3M 2021 (MagLev)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (put in thread)

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

JagLaser

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums, no duh I guess. Right now I am only doing 3 by 3, but interested in getting into others. 2x2 will proly be the next I would learn. I live in the US, for a couple of years I've messed around off and on with the beginner method, getting 1 minute average. I've decided I'd like to get a bit more interested in cubing, and am now trying to learn intermediate. I also only have a generic Rubik brand cube, so I do need to order a speed cube. I am looking at the RS3M 2021 after some research. I'd appreciate advice on that cube, whether I should grab some lube for it since it is maglev, as well as if I should learn a different method at this point than intermediate.

I have been doing a bit off and on 3x3 beginner for a couple years. Averaged 1 minute. Only have generic cube and a friend has a speed cube, not sure what that I've used. I'm going to order my own, I'm looking at the rs3m 2020 and 2021, which would you recommend? I am now learning the intermediate method, is there a different method I should learn? If the 2021 is bette Do you need to lube it since it is maglev? If so, with what? I'd really like to get more into cubing, so I have many questions :) I'd also like to get into 2x2 but don't have one right now unfortunately.

Thanks!

JagLaser

Do you have experience with other maglev? From what I've seen, other than the maglev spring difference they are identical...

GFAM

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums, no duh I guess. Right now I am only doing 3 by 3, but interested in getting into others. 2x2 will proly be the next I would learn. I live in the US, for a couple of years I've messed around off and on with the beginner method, getting 1 minute average. I've decided I'd like to get a bit more interested in cubing, and am now trying to learn intermediate. I also only have a generic Rubik brand cube, so I do need to order a speed cube. I am looking at the RS3M 2021 after some research. I'd appreciate advice on that cube, whether I should grab some lube for it since it is maglev, as well as if I should learn a different method at this point than intermediate.

I have been doing a bit off and on 3x3 beginner for a couple years. Averaged 1 minute. Only have generic cube and a friend has a speed cube, not sure what that I've used. I'm going to order my own, I'm looking at the rs3m 2020 and 2021, which would you recommend? I am now learning the intermediate method, is there a different method I should learn? If the 2021 is bette Do you need to lube it since it is maglev? If so, with what? I'd really like to get more into cubing, so I have many questions :) I'd also like to get into 2x2 but don't have one right now unfortunately.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum JagLaser! Still learning the cube as well. I'm at 2+ minutes to solve so I'll need to practice more. Let us know what speed cube you end up getting!

Mattecuber

Thanks!
I have the maglev and you should totally take that version. You also should buy Weight 5 tò Lube core, traxs and Pieces in One!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rowannn Member Introductions 11
N Member Introductions 7
C Member Introductions 16
calekewbs Member Introductions 2