• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Effeciency isn't as Important as You Think

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, efficiency isn't always important. Speed is. Sure efficiency may make you faster but in some cases you should throw efficiency out the window and see what will make you faster. Re-gripless algs are an example. Re-gripless algs may be faster than the most efficient way of solving a case, so don't get hung up on efficiency.... Do what is fast.

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
It's an interesting thought but I think you are getting "efficiency" confused with "move-optimal". As far as I see it, efficiency is making the beginning and the end of something be as close together as possible, which means different things for different events. For FMC, move-optimal algs or comms are the most efficient way to solve. For 3x3, 3BLD, and other similar events, speed-optimal algs are preferred. And sometimes there is a weird mix of both, like for feet, or something entirely different, like RUD PLL's for big cubes.
Long story short, efficiency does not equal move-optimal, but efficiency is always critical in any solve.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, efficiency isn't always important. Speed is. Sure efficiency may make you faster but in some cases you should throw efficiency out the window and see what will make you faster. Re-gripless algs are an example. Re-gripless algs may be faster than the most efficient way of solving a case, so don't get hung up on efficiency.... Do what is fast.

Thank you!! At least someone understands me. lol