• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Edinburgh Open 26-27th January 2013

Would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

gasmus

WCA
2007VALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
With the UK speedcubing community growing rapidly I figured its about time we had a competition here in Scotland.

There are still so few of us here and I hope a small competition will kick-start the community.

EDIT: Its official! Edinburgh Open 2013 will take place on the 26-27th of January:

http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=EdinburghOpen2013

More information about travel and accommodation will be added to the website shortly.

Live results: http://cubecomps.com/live.php?cid=129

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool. I've been wanting a Scottish comp for a while, I would have made it happen but I'm not sure I have the organisation skills to do it. I could maybe chip in a little help, depending on when it's happening (I'm in my fourth year at uni so I'll be fairly busy, especially second semester).

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Ehh... I'd loved to but it would have to be during a half term, plus i'd have no idea how to get there? Or how much it would be to get there, i'd hve to go with someone else.
If you are in London, I took the British Airway from City Airport to Edinburgh before Christmas in 2010. I remember it was 80 quid (I didn't pre-book the flight though)...

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This sounds like fun.
Depends when it is really, trains are expensive.

(Hmm, maybe people could get together and drive up in groups, would that be cheaper maybe? idk)