• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Edinburgh Open 26-27th January 2013

Would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

Thaynara

WCA
2011OLIV03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Only if the competition could be in January of 2013. I'm gonna be in UK for the entire month of january and since I'm planing to visit Breandan in Edinburgh during this time, I might attend.

G

Georgeanderre

Very much a yes, for me it just depends on the dates.. as long as it doesn't interrupt exams I'm certain my parents would let me go :)

Aim for February and everyone should be ok I think

I will go providing a red carpet is provided for my entrance.

Will sheep that have bled to death do..?

G

Georgeanderre

Just asked Dad, he didn't react badly so I think it was a yes :)

26th and 27th of January.

All exams should be over by then.

Just about, I would probably go down (up) on the 25th... I have a morning exam but no worries, its only C3 maths :p

EDIT: or even afternoon exam... tight schedule lol
Train from me to Edinburgh will leave at 6pm on 25th and get there 5am on 26th... looks like I'm flying

Last edited by a moderator:

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I think I know which trains I would take, depends on when my exams are, and if I would actually need to be back monday morning ;/
Since it's BV organising, I imagine there will be lots of rounds of cube events, but I would like to request at least 1 round of mega. :b

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I'm not supposed to take holiday in Dec and Jan so I guess I'll have to try fluttering my eyelashes to get a couple of days off.

Also, please could you reupload your PLL video Breandan? Thanks.

gasmus

WCA
2007VALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I think I know which trains I would take, depends on when my exams are, and if I would actually need to be back monday morning ;/
Since it's BV organising, I imagine there will be lots of rounds of cube events, but I would like to request at least 1 round of mega. :b

Yes, 3 rounds of 2-5 ;) and probably some other events too. The other events on the list so far are 6x6, 7x7, mega, pyra, clock, 3BLD and OH.

Uhm, I have a question here. If I were to take trains, which station should be my destination? There were 2 Edinburgh stations.

Waverley station. Its the main one, and pretty close to the venue we have in mind. From the airport there is a bus (Airlink service) which will take you here too. Takes ~ half an hour and is pretty cheap.

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hmm... maybé

edit: definitely not. i underestimated the distance. twice as far as bristol :/ just going to bristol takes long enough to almost make me go insane.

Last edited:

NevinsCPH

WCA
2010CHAN20
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, 3 rounds of 2-5 ;) and probably some other events too. The other events on the list so far are 6x6, 7x7, mega, pyra, clock, 3BLD and OH.

Waverley station. Its the main one, and pretty close to the venue we have in mind. From the airport there is a bus (Airlink service) which will take you here too. Takes ~ half an hour and is pretty cheap.

Hmm, I think I'll take the air. Since train tickets are more expensive than flights. Hopefully things will go in places.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm, I think I'll take the air. Since train tickets are more expensive than flights. Hopefully things will go in places.

Depending on timing, I might be able to drive down and pick people up. If not, I'll just meet you guys there on the Friday night. I hope there are multiBLD and big cube attempts :.