• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Edinburgh Open 26-27th January 2013

Would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Saw it was announced last night, Can't wait. 2 rounds of Mega, and bigcubes :D
Think I've got my trains sorted (Need to actually book though), now to look at accommodation.
Shame about no 4BLD, but it means I can focus on some other events I want to improve. :3
See you all there!

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will probably be travelling through London by train with Thaynara, on Friday 25th and Monday 28th. Anybody want to travel with us? Looking to book train tickets very soon, so facebook me if you're interested (or PM if no facebook). It's about £75-80 return at the moment. Might be difficult to organise seats together for anyone else though as these will be reserved in advance.

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
OK, anybody fancy a pre-registration game?

UK competitions tend to fill up quickly, so let's have a guess at how long it will take to fill up completely after it opens. Registration closes at 40 compettiors.

My guess: 35 minutes.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
OK, anybody fancy a pre-registration game?

UK competitions tend to fill up quickly, so let's have a guess at how long it will take to fill up completely after it opens. Registration closes at 40 compettiors.

My guess: 35 minutes.

Hmm, I hope not, might not be able to be one of the first to register this time around (contrary to normal). Also, it's a bit harder to get to than some other comps, so I'm thinking slower.
I'm going to say 1 Hour and 30 minutes for the first 40, then I reckon it will go up to about 50 by the same time on Sunday.
Hmm but then it is a UK comp... ;)

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm gonna guess 45 minutes. I'll be able to register when it opens this time, I'm not going to have a repeat of WSMO.

In other news, apparently not practicing 4x4 for a few months isn't good for getting fast times. I seriously need to get a lot of practice in, for other events too. Going to have to put a lot of effort into 3BLD if I want a good chance of podium I think.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Registered. Doesn't seem to be showing people who have registered already, so not sure how we will know who guessed the closest for how long it takes to fill up.

Yeah I think that it needs like Daniel or someone to confirm them, but he isn't online atm from what I can see, so we'll have to wait. Think I got there first again though :b

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
Registered. Doesn't seem to be showing people who have registered already, so not sure how we will know who guessed the closest for how long it takes to fill up.

It will only show registered competitors if the organiser has ticked to box to show registered competitors at the bottom of the admin page.