• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Easy to understand YouTube video Tutorials

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3:09

the video said:
roux method for example is a very easy method... is it fast, no. its really, really slow.

fool.

If he's actually being serious, then yes, that was a very foolish thing to say. Somehow I get the impression that he was joking though, seeing as he basically implied that Roux is easy compared to Fridrich, when most people have more difficulty block building at the start.

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
yes. I was basically saying that compared to people who solve sub 10 with fredrich method that Roux is slow. Obviously any method, when perfected, can be fast (LBL, Petrus, etc.) but as of now the only truly super fast method that people are solving WRs with is Fredrich (or ZB if you want to consider it)

you're such an idiot right now.

and Fridrich, not friedrice.

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yes. I was basically saying that compared to people who solve sub 10 with fredrich method that Roux is slow. Obviously any method, when perfected, can be fast (LBL, Petrus, etc.) but as of now the only truly super fast method that people are solving WRs with is Fredrich (or ZB if you want to consider it)

What's a fredrich
Oh and, Biggreen (Austin?) is pretty much sub 10 with Roux (he's like right at the border/there), I think Thom Barlow (is that Kir's name?) is getting close, and Waffo is sub 15. I don't know of any more notable Roux users who are still active in the community D:

YouTube
Visit Channel

What's a fredrich
Oh and, Biggreen (Austin?) is pretty much sub 10 with Roux (he's like right at the border/there), I think Thom Barlow (is that Kir's name?) is getting close, and Waffo is sub 15. I don't know of any more notable Roux users who are still active in the community D:

I apologize to all of you Roux users out there. To be totally honest I don't keep up with all of the best speed solvers and what methods they use. If it works for them great, I'm not saying Roux is bad. The whole point of the video in the first place, was to state that no method is better than another. If you use Roux and like it, then great! I'm happy for you. As for spelling errors (ex: fredrich. instead of fridrich), every body makes mistakes.

By the way I do appreciate your constructive criticism, so thank you. And for those of you that do, thank you for supporting my channel

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

What's a fredrich
wut!! D:<

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel

What's a fredrich
wut!! D:<

oshi my bad. I had my mind on people near the 10-11-12 mark D:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Wow, the title of the thread, and the way you were talking about yourself, made me feel like you would make crap/annoying videos, however, I finally decided to watch one, and I think you have great tutorials, and you remind me of RobH0629 (or whatever it is)
Great videos man, I subbed, not sure how useful they'd be to me, but the 4 videos I watched of your were great. I think you deserve Youtube partnership waaayy more than a feel cubers who have Youtube partnership.
Good job, and good luck getting more popular.

Zarlor

He's a good teacher. I first watched his F2L series and was surprised by how few views he had because the instructional quality was so good. He also reminded me of RobH which is a compliment because RobH is also an awesome teacher with great clarity. Badmephisto is awesome because he's teaching style is so succinct -I learn something important from every sentence! I'm subscribed to this guy's channel!!

(I'm the one who told him to come over here to the forums to let you folks meet him so be nice and don't derail his thread!) :eek:

Thanks!

YouTube
Visit Channel
He makes excellent videos i have been subscribed for a while and both the puzzle reviews and tutorials have been very clear and helpful. I 100% recommend subscribing to his channel :D

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Out of curiosity, how fast do you currently average on 3x3, and what method do you use? (like specific steps, 4LLL or what)