• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Easy to understand YouTube video Tutorials

YouTube
Visit Channel
My user name is DanieLDude1554 and I have been making video tutorials for all kinds of twisty puzzles for over a year. My channel isn't the largest one out there, but I constantly get good feedback about how good my teaching is. If you want some easy to understand videos with a smart, educated teacher, come check out my site (www.youtube.com/DanieLDude1554). If you don't believe me ask anyone of my subscribers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a quote from LanceTheBlueKnight:

"Hey Daniel! I've just stumbled onto your page from the "related videos" list on one of my own videos. You've got a very good voice for tutorials, and I'm looking forward to watching more of your videos."

(if you don't believe me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWaTLn7qtI )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have over 130 videos featuring tutoials, how-to, review, unboxing, and other topics. I also take requests and will gladly make any video that you would like to see.

Also, I actually answer questions. A lot of my subscribers love how quickly I answer their questions and how I try my best to help them. So with me you'll never on your own.

Even if you don't need tutorials, I have plenty of content on my site, so come check it out. I'll think you will like what you see. And if you do, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE!!! and tell your friends ;)

Anonymous

I've just watched a few videos, so my opinion is from a small sample size, but whatever.

In your series on how to solve the cube in under a minute, I like your creative choice of the pairing method (was that your idea, btw?), but I didn't like how most of your examples were with white on bottom and in the correct slot- the demonstration section ended up being more you intuitively explaining an algorithm your viewers already knew more than demonstrating what they learnt.

It was a small nitpick though- nice work, for sure.

JeffDelucia

WCA
2010DELU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ignore Chris the quality is fine. Very nice tutorials too.

Why ignore me? My advice was to get a better quality camera. Having a blurry cube is just distracting.

But it looks fine...

Edit: Oh I see... The video he linked to is bad quality. I went to his channel and watched more recent vids.

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Why ignore me? My advice was to get a better quality camera. Having a blurry cube is just distracting.

But it looks fine...

Edit: Oh I see... The video he linked to is bad quality. I went to his channel and watched more recent vids.

Nope, all of them are blurry.

Compare HD videos to his.

Compare HD videos to him huh? I don't watch in HD, I watch in 360p, as do many others. HD is not necessary, and actually quite bothersome when one has a sub-par internet connection. His video quality is good enough, much better than some other videos I've seen.

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

But it looks fine...

Nope, all of them are blurry.

Compare HD videos to his.

Compare HD videos to him huh? I don't watch in HD, I watch in 360p, as do many others. HD is not necessary, and actually quite bothersome when one has a sub-par internet connection. His video quality is good enough, much better than some other videos I've seen.

It doesn't matter, when uploaded in HD, even when you select lower quality you just get the same HD quality, smaller size. Here's an example.

Behold, HD quality when shown at YT's 360 setting vs pure 360.

Seethedifference.png

See the black bars?
See the blurry?

~Chris

D

Deleted member 2864

I don't think getting a better camera is necessary. His quality (imo) is fine and while it's not the best, I don't find it bothersome at all. Of course, better quality is always nice, but I think his quality is within reasonable limits.

EDIT: Oops, put "I don't think getting a better camera is not necessary.... fixed XD

EDIT 2: Non-off topic post 800! AWESOME! XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Dfgged

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think getting a better camera is not necessary. His quality (imo) is fine and while it's not the best, I don't find it bothersome at all. Of course, better quality is always nice, but I think his quality is within reasonable limits.

I agree.

Imo they're fine, but chris, if you want him to make better quality videos why don't you get him a camera. It seems you're the only one bothered by it. Just to clarify though, I do see what you mean, and better quality is always good, but not always needed

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think getting a better camera is not necessary. His quality (imo) is fine and while it's not the best, I don't find it bothersome at all. Of course, better quality is always nice, but I think his quality is within reasonable limits.

I agree.

Imo they're fine, but chris, if you want him to make better quality videos why don't you get him a camera. It seems you're the only one bothered by it. Just to clarify though, I do see what you mean, and better quality is always good, but not always needed

Because I don't fund other people's hobbies?