• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does my improvement suck?

I've been cubing for 3 1 /2 months but used Roux for two and a half, I average 33 seconds and my PB is 18 seconds
Edit-- thank you for your kind replies!

Last edited:

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been cubing for 3 1 /2 months but used Roux for two and a half, I average 33 seconds and my PB is 18 seconds
Your improvement does not suck, you are actually improving quite fast. Also, it isn't really beneficial to your improvement to ask these types of
questions, as there is not an objective "good" in cubing. What you consider to be good will change as you get faster.

I think it's pretty fast. Though, a question like "How far should I expect to be with my progress in X months with Y method?" would be nicer to read, instead of "Does my improvement suck?". If your improvement is really good, for some people it might be a little demotivating reading about some new cuber telling he's sub-X in Y amount of time as if it were really bad. But maybe it's also the people's fault reading the question in the first place.

I think it's pretty fast. Though, a question like "How far should I expect to be with my progress in X months with Y method?" would be nicer to read, instead of "Does my improvement suck?". If your improvement is really good, for some people it might be a little demotivating reading about some new cuber telling he's sub-X in Y amount of time as if it were really bad. But maybe it's also the people's fault reading the question in the first place.
You're right. I should've thought about the consequences, so thanks for telling me

I highly recommend switching to cfop for faster improvement, because there are like 10x the amount of tutorials, there are also better tutorials because the method is more developed.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I highly recommend switching to cfop for faster improvement, because there are like 10x the amount of tutorials, there are also better tutorials because the method is more developed.
Dude just leave him alone there’s a reason he went for Roux in the first place, he would’ve switched if he wanted

I appreciate the advice but Roux and CFOP with their mechanisms are just different and each suit different people . I chose ROUX based on many things such as I enjoy intuitive type of thing more than memorizing.just as you see that CFOP is better I also think mine suits me so I continue using it. One of the things that were put in mind is the number of tutorials and users but having fun is my top priority and here we are

MohamadAA

First of all your improvement is great. For me, I have been cubing for 4.5 months with CFOP and avarage 17.78 . In order to improve faster in my opinion is doing about 150 solves a day that might seem alot but as you get faster you would get motivated to practice more. From my experience, I was stuck at 20 seconds just 1 week ago , I was learning lookahead, olls but no luck then I did a 150 solves a day and my times dropped really fast. Btw what cube do you use. I had a qiyi warrior W. Then I bought a thunderclap v3 m and some lube and ... I don't know what to say. JUST DO IT

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would recommend CFOP over Roux to beginners, but I would never recommend it for those reasons.

Also from what @Cubeaddicts 101 said, I think Roux is better suited for him.

First of all your improvement is great. For me, I have been cubing for 4.5 months with CFOP and avarage 17.78 . In order to improve faster in my opinion is doing about 150 solves a day that might seem alot but as you get faster you would get motivated to practice more. From my experience, I was stuck at 20 seconds just 1 week ago , I was learning lookahead, olls but no luck then I did a 150 solves a day and my times dropped really fast. Btw what cube do you use. I had a qiyi warrior W. Then I bought a thunderclap v3 m and some lube and ... I don't know what to say. JUST DO IT
Thanks!. Actually I I have a rubik's brand and yeah let me tell you, IT SUCKS but after I heavily lubricated it with the rubiks 'speedcube ' lube it became much better. I have been doing 50 solves since 1 June. I think I'd start doing 100?idk. How could I convince my parents?! They're iMpoSsiBlE

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
MFJSMF3RS3M2020 is better.

Dude just leave him alone there’s a reason he went for Roux in the first place, he would’ve switched if he wanted
bro chill. I am just saying, there are generally just saying, that there are far more tutorials for cfop than roux, so naturally there are more really good tutorials.

for some people, not everyone. Do you have the cube?

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
There isn't really a good metric of cubing improvement. I took 3 months to get sub 20 and now it's been almost a month and I'm still at 16. As long as you feel you aren't stagnating you're doing great.