• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does my improvement suck?

Seniorcuber

I'm speedcubing for one and a half years now (I've been cubing occasionally for fun more than thirty years), and you just recently beat me.
PB 21s, Ao100 35s
So you're improving very fast.

As for me, it's really hard to improve further. I think my brain slowed down with my age. Also, I cannot afford to do more than 10 - 20 solves or half an hour a day.

Maybe you can give me a hint on how to get further?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm why can’t you do many solves?
Work on efficient cross, make sure it’s always 8 moves or less.
Drill F2L algorithms, make sure you know them and the instant you see a case you can solve it.
And drill OLL and PLL algorithms, learn full PLL if you want.
And solve as much as you can

Seniorcuber

Hmm why can’t you do many solves?
Because I work, I'm married, and thus have many other occupations. Usually I cube in the train on the way to work.
And I practice 4x4 and 5x5 in parallel.

Work on efficient cross, make sure it’s always 8 moves or less.
Drill F2L algorithms, make sure you know them and the instant you see a case you can solve it.
And drill OLL and PLL algorithms, learn full PLL if you want.
And solve as much as you can
The one thing I'm not ready in this list: I don't know some OLL, I decompose them in two OLL I know.
I try to predict the first F2L in the inspection time, but this is really hard for me. This should cut down 3-5s in the overall time, but I'm not yet there.

Maybe I should drill OLL and PLL to be able to do them blind? This would remove some time visually checking the execution of the permutation. Do you think this is a good place to start improvement?