• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Do you check all crosses?

Do you check all crosses

• Yes, I check all colours

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, I pick the first nice one I see

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

CubicNL

WCA
2011WILD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have got a question for all the colour neutral cubers:
Do you check all cross colours in your inspection?

I was wondering this, because I mostly go for a cross when I see it's a nice one, not looking further for any better crosses.
It also depends on inspection time, because I can't go through all crosses in 12 secs.
Leave a comment with an explanation if you want :)

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
It should going through the other crosses as well. I'm opposite colour neutral, but anyone should know better than to jump to making one cross without evaluating the others in case of a better case on another cross.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think checking all crosses is standard practise. You don't have enough time.

Really when you see a good cross and start planning there's no point looking elsewhere. When you can't already *see* a good cross is a good time to start checking more crosses.

WCA
2010SCHI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just look around for like 5 seconds which cross could be best. When i made my decision i make a solution in my head and then start solving. Takes around 4 seconds for solution. With having a longer inspection like 20 seconds you could look on for having better crosses with less moves and stuff or x crosses. I think it takes practise to get there but you cannot really decide on what kind of cross is best.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It should going through the other crosses as well. I'm opposite colour neutral, but anyone should know better than to jump to making one cross without evaluating the others in case of a better case on another cross.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I personally have a very quick look around, but usually get stuck on the first thing that I see. However if I see something else that looks promising I often change. I didn't vote for either option in the poll.

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, usually if I find a good cross within a few short seconds, I will glance at the other colours just to make sure I'm not missing anything nicer, but if I can't find anything too good quickly, then I look at all of them. But I don't really thinking of it as systematically going through every colour and evaluating the cross solution, it's more of just looking for solved or oriented pieces.

RTh

YouTube
Visit Channel
Usually look for the easiest cross, and then try to make a ''map'' of where the first f2l pair will end up. Then start the solve and so on.

I'm not a cross-neutral speedcuber, but sometimes I start with other faces if they are easier.