• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubecraze1

WCA
2011OMAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For me, it's very distracting if I don't like the song, or it's a very up-beat song. I can't have music blasting my ears out while solving.

But other than that, if it's relaxing music, I can deal with it. :p

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I also listen to music when I solve. I use it mainly as white noise because like other people have said, it's gets boring just cubing. But sometimes turning on the TV or watching YouTube videos also works for me.

Yeah, I watch youtube videos too, actually. And I usually solve faster when I'm watching a video (actually listening mostly and watching a bit between solves).

WinterCub3r

Death metal, Prog metal, metal, Djent, Metal core, Hard core, Nu metal, Thall, Math core. pretty much all metal. I always seem to get faster times.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do either of you like Porcupine Tree or Opeth?
I hadn't heard of either of them before, so I looked up porcupine tree and just listened to parts of Anesthetize, Time Flies, and Fear of a Blank planet. I think I've heard Fear of a Blank Planet before, but I don't know where. I liked those songs, I'll look up some more, but first I'll look up Opeth. Look up Dead But Rising by Volbeat.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
I hadn't heard of either of them before, so I looked up porcupine tree and just listened to parts of Anesthetize, Time Flies, and Fear of a Blank planet. I think I've heard Fear of a Blank Planet before, but I don't know where. I liked those songs, I'll look up some more, but first I'll look up Opeth. Look up Dead But Rising by Volbeat.

Anesthetize and Fear of a Blank Planet are wonderful. I'm definitely not a fan of Time Flies, or really anything off that album. The Incident (the album that Time Flies is on) is one of the only albums by them I don't like too much. Listen to Trains, which is their most popular song, as well as Stop Swimming or Sentimental, which are a couple of my personal favorites. :)

By Opeth, the song Blackwater Park will do nicely.

Dead but Rising is seriously unbelievable. Wow. I've seen the name Volbeat everywhere, but somehow never stumbled upon a song that I liked. The guitars are great. The vocals will take a bit of getting used to, but I can tell that they're excellent also.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anesthetize and Fear of a Blank Planet are wonderful. I'm definitely not a fan of Time Flies, or really anything off that album. The Incident (the album that Time Flies is on) is one of the only albums by them I don't like too much. Listen to Trains, which is their most popular song, as well as Stop Swimming or Sentimental, which are a couple of my personal favorites. :)

By Opeth, the song Blackwater Park will do nicely.

Dead but Rising is seriously unbelievable. Wow. I've seen the name Volbeat everywhere, but somehow never stumbled upon a song that I liked. The guitars are great. The vocals will take a bit of getting used to, but I can tell that they're excellent also.
I also like that porcupine tree has the balls to put out really long songs unlike other bands. I just looked up Opeth and listened to The Grand Conjuration, which I didn't like as much and Porcelain Hearts which was amazing and I will definitely listen to more. I'm glad that you liked Volbeat, yeah I believe that the singer Michael Paulson is from Norway, but tries to sing with an American accent, so that's why the Vocals are kind've weird. Try out Still Counting, The Hangman's Body Count or Lola Montez.

WinterCub3r

not a huge fan of volbeat, but i have listened to Opeth from time to time, but if i'm going to listen to Opeth id rather listen to Meshugga.

WCA
2011MART05
i used to speedcube listening J-rock or J-pop, you know, the openings and ending of Naruto, Bleach and other Animes, when i was at 1:30.00+ it was great because I really made and effort for to finish the cube before the song end, when i got faster, like 40 seconds or less, it lost any sense, there are not good songs of j-rock or j-pop of less than 40 seconds or less than 30 seconds!!!, now , when i want to focus better i do several solves hearing vivaldi, mozart or beethoven, sometimes my averages improves a little bit from normal doing this...

SixSidedCube

WCA
2012LOUD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys!

I was wondering, could you post a list of what you listen to whilst cubing (If you listen to anything at all)? I'm keen to find new things to listen to, and what better place to ask, than a forum full of people that have a same interest as me!

You can post songs, bands, solo artists, instrumentals, literally anything!

Thanks! :D