• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Discussion] Cubing YouTube Channels

Akshat Sehgal

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone. So recently my cubing youtube channel with over 300 subscribers got deleted because i changed my age on google, so I want to try again with a new channel. I don't have any videos yet but I post highly edited, 4k videos a lot so make sure to sub. You can expect a video from me in a couple of days or so because i have exams. Also, here is a screenshot of me getting 300 subs on my first channel.

Here is the link to the new one:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-01 112238.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-01 112238.png
    60 KB · Views: 6

povlhp

Hi,
I am planning on making some youtube videos, both on english, and on danish as well.
Just tried recording a simpler F2L guide, with bad sound, and tried to put sound on later. This is not as good, but would make it easier for produce multiple language versions of the same video. So I assume it has to be first shot sequences with OK sound, and then possible retake sequences and pick the best.

I want to record with my older Canon dSLR, and the microphone on that is not the best. So should I just record video there, and use either headset/phone to record the audio, adding it in post-processing ? I can always make a sound / clap Cornercut in front of camera to get sound/video synced.

How do people to this ?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I am planning on making some youtube videos, both on english, and on danish as well.
Just tried recording a simpler F2L guide, with bad sound, and tried to put sound on later. This is not as good, but would make it easier for produce multiple language versions of the same video. So I assume it has to be first shot sequences with OK sound, and then possible retake sequences and pick the best.

I want to record with my older Canon dSLR, and the microphone on that is not the best. So should I just record video there, and use either headset/phone to record the audio, adding it in post-processing ? I can always make a sound / clap Cornercut in front of camera to get sound/video synced.

How do people to this ?
I would just have two recording devices, one for video, one for audio, and either do it twice or voice over one. Syncing them shouldn’t be too hard if they start at roughly similar times.

UnknownEntity

Hello everyone. I'm thinking of getting into the YouTube type of business, but I'm trying to think of a name. I want it based around cubing and can't think of any ideas. Could anyone help me brainstorm?

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone. I'm thinking of getting into the YouTube type of business, but I'm trying to think of a name. I want it based around cubing and can't think of any ideas. Could anyone help me brainstorm?
Start from what you think is unique to you or what you like. For me, I use the ZZ method which is the reason why there's two Z's in my username.

povlhp

The Blocky Jockey - CubeBob Square Hands - 3x3 solver - CubeTwister, ... just use your use imagination. There is no algorithms for this :) YouTubeCube aka U2Bcube

xyzzy

Or you could do what I did: make up some long, nonsensical name and get basically zero attention. (No, don't actually do this if you're serious about it.)

(To be fair, mine wasn't originally meant to be a public YT channel, and certainly not one centred on cubing. From time to time, people here found out that I had it linked in my sig and watched like ten seconds of a video before closing the tab.)

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess The Cubing Couch is classed as a new YouTube channel.
For those that don't know, we collaborate with a bunch of cubing manufacturers and get early leaks, news and samples of upcoming cubes.

The channel will be to post our podcast episodes that we record every week.
First episode is launching in under 1 hour (13:00 GMT) and it will be a chill talk with myself and Mo.
We'll be inviting guests onto the podcast so some (at some point all) weeks will involve double-headers, with one news episode and one interview episode with our guest.

Feel free to subscribe for when Episode 1 releases, as well as our weekly news-filled, "you heard it here first" sort of content.

We plan on releasing episodes on most major podcasting platforms, so you could also find us there.
Hope you enjoy.
Zain and Mo - The Cubing Couch.