• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Discussion] Cubing YouTube Channels

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My channel has been around since 2010 and has 102 subscribers it is not new but is very small. Though the fact a don't upload much these days and the majority of my videos are solves are reasons for this.
I don't want to make unboxings and reviews much but that is what is popular and makes up a majority of cubing videos. I didn't see the point of making a review on a older puzzle since there are heaps already. I haven't bought many cubes as they came out. Also I'm not as interested in making cubing videos as I was years ago. The only reason I made unboxings is cause I knew they were popular not because I wanted too. The two reveiws I made were cause I had to due to the requirements from lightake (I those cubes for free, they did a giveaway and one requirement was having least 800 posts on speedsolving.)

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone can be popular if they make good videos for long enough. There are a few big youcubers now that just started, but because their videos are entertaining and informative, they're really big.
I do agree though it is difficult to come up with cubing video ideas that aren't the regular unboxings/reviews type, but it's definitely possible and being original with your ideas will make you popular.

I've attempted to keep the majority of my videos not the regular boring unboxings/reviews, but I know I still have lots to improve in both quality and ideas. It's not easy for some youcubers to grow because they aren't bringing anything extra to the community at the moment. Although, experience is key, so that's not to say they can't grow.

Last edited:
Hi speedsolving forum community. My name is Matthew and I make HD videos on cubing. My channel is Moonwink Cuber and I hope to reach 100 subscribers by May 25. Please check out my channel and subscribe. I have a slow n' steady spring 2017 video coming out soon!!!
Thanks
-Moonwink Cuber