• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Developing a better LL system

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I put my trust in you.

<3

As I'm definitely not a common speedcuber I expect to be granted early acces :)

I intend to make the data available to everyone. When I said not accessable to the common cuber yet, I meant that it might be too hard for them to understand or learn until the organised version has been completed.

How about making the "cross-check program" (for lack of a better name...) accessable so people can input their own alg sets?

Maybe, but if they have their own alg sets they think are better they should contribute them to the project! This should really be done before work is started on the next part. I don't mind sharing the solver but unsure what use it would be to people outside of this kind of use.

"FRUR'U'F' then Sune. This doesn't appear in any other system.
Strange, this combination occasionally solves my LL when I"m CFOP-ing????

fatboyxpc pretty much explained what I meant. A better example would be that one of the last layer cases will be T Perm then Sune :)

MostEd

WCA
2012BETA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry guys but I have no idea what is this. Could someone explain this to me. I see only list of algs but I don't see how to recognize the cases wtf
There are common algs, such as sune, niklas, FRUR'U'F' etc..
This method uses those algs to solve the LL and theres 2 algs(2 different ones) per case, you do one then another one

and you recognise by recognising

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I never thought this kind of thing would be feasible, but if there's anyone who is crazy, awesome and creative enough to make it work, it's you.

Will this work well for LL subsets do you think? Eg. using this just for COLL cases? I know it would miss the point a little, but I'm curious. And yes, I am seriously considering doing that, at least for 'bad' COLL cases.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha, while working on this I discovered the most horrific LL case I've ever seen.

visualcube.php

Optimal solution is; F R D2 F' R2 U B' R2 B U' R2 F D2 R' F' (15f) (<+Brest> [F R D2 F' R2 U B': R2] cute)

Will this work well for LL subsets do you think? Eg. using this just for COLL cases? I know it would miss the point a little, but I'm curious. And yes, I am seriously considering doing that, at least for 'bad' COLL cases.

Sure, he basic idea is what I used to learn OLLCP.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
R2 U2 R' U2 y L' U2 L R U2 R' U2 F U2 F2, Same case, but 14 turns...
Also, for the Mirror, I found
r’ U2 R U x R’2 U2 R U2 R’ U2 x’ R2 U’ R’ U2 r, which flows nicely.

That's a different case, the optimal solution for the case I listed is 15 moves.

Also, due to the nature of the system I can't actually use any of those algs.

aronpm

Small update -

Solving the cases is taking longer than I though (my computer isn't that good). So far 3/48 of the table is complete.

Update:
Running the solver on my machine, it's almost 3/48ths done (it's running about twice as fast as for Kir, and the output is already 400kb :p). Raw table should be generated in about 24 hours, then Kir has to organise it. And stuff.

bamilan

WCA
2005BATI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Comparing OLL and your algorithms, they take ~ the same time to execute, but recog of OLL is better.
PLL algorithms are speed optimized, they can be done sub-2. Most of the algorithms in your list take at least 1-1.5 seconds to execute, so the time you can cut using that system is somewhere <0.5 sec in my opinion (assuming that recog for PLL is the same as recog for 2nd algorithm).
Does it really worth to learn?

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok I think I get it now. It's a really interesting/creative idea. However, due to recog/recoll issues I can't see it being faster than OLL/PLL. But I'm so impressed that you came up with it. Much cooler than all those new LS systems. ;)

LarsN

WCA
2008NIEL01
Haha, while working on this I discovered the most horrific LL case I've ever seen.

visualcube.php

Optimal solution is; F R D2 F' R2 U B' R2 B U' R2 F D2 R' F' (15f) (<+Brest> [F R D2 F' R2 U B': R2] cute)

What is the solution with this new system then?

EDIT: just ran it through your list but didn't find a solution. Most likely a fail on my side though ;)

Last edited:

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[01:19.53] <Athefre> Shortest CE gives is: F R D2 F' R2 U B' R2 B U' R2 F D2 R' F'
[01:20.04] <Kirjava> is that optimal?
[01:20.08] <Athefre> 15
[01:20.11] <Kirjava> hah.
[01:20.14] <Kirjava> also
[01:20.16] <Kirjava> fuuuuu
[01:20.29] <RobertY> wow this case is so evil
[01:20.34] <Kirjava> yeah
[01:20.37] <Kirjava> there's *nothing*
[01:20.50] <RobertY> no matter what your LL system is
[01:20.55] <RobertY> even 1LLL sucks XD
[01:35.16] <RobertY> Kirjava: all I'm doing is trying out random short diag OLLCP algs, then hoping that the resulting OLLCP alg will skip EPLL upon execution
[01:36.01] <RobertY> I like this:
[01:36.02] <RobertY> ,i (R U R B' R' B U' R') (R' F R F' R' F R F' R U R' U' R U R')
[01:36.03] <Nibblr> inverse: R U' R' U R U' R' F R' F' R F R' F' R R U B' R B R' U' R'

My best is 1.7x with (R U' R' U R U' R' F R' F' R F R' F' R) (R U B' R B R' U' R')

Anyone think they can find a better alg and beat this? ;)