• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan Tengyun V2M GIVEAWAY! Insta & YT: AlohaCubed AlohaCubed

Jchap808

You guys/gals excited to see more innovation, just as much as I am. I’m a lover of Dayan cubes and hate to see the GuHong V3M leave such a bitter taste. The Tengyun M 3x3 was known for its buttery smooth turns, plush pillow like feel, and low pitch cubing. I like many others loved the cube, but due to its very fast turning and weak magnets it left the cube mildly unstable. Which left such a distaste for the cube.

Fast forward since it’s 2019 release, 2020 brought innovation and Dayan has listened to its customers.

With the new V2M they’ve included:

• Stronger Magnets
“alternating magnets”. I look at it as more of a “carousel”, featuring variations of magnet strengths, that can be easily changed like the Weilong WRM, with just the turn of a flathead screw.

• Edge/Corner Redesign
Like the GuHong V3, Dayan has implemented a new “Water Wave” design that allows the cube to stay lubricated for much longer and reduce noise. This was a problem for the original Tengyun(v1)M, which led to high maintenance of lube reapplication, which cubers like myself try to stay away from. With the new “water wave” design, noise reduction between solves is also improved. The cube was already quiet, allowing for much longer practice during boring business phone calls. This alone has gotten myself, very pumped for release.

• NEW Screw Tension “Gear”
Also like the GuHong V3, (also reminiscent of the Gans 356XS) the center caps have been remodeled, as well as the new tension system. A 2-in-1 tensioning “gear” that allows for adjusting “spring force” and for “tension”. This “gear” has four levels of adjustment to suite every cuber turning style.

My thoughts:
I’m honestly really excited to see Dayan do their best to improve an already great cube. This innovation shows how dedicated they are to improving quality cubes. With each of these categories of improvement checking my mental cube box for what I look for in cubes, I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Below will be the visual representation of the new Dayan TengyunV2M. I hope it excites you just as much as I am. I’m trying to get it as soon as release so I can do a very comprehensive first impression and review of this cube. Happy cubing.

Jchap808

I NEED THIS. I loved the Tengyun, now customisation and stronger magnets? I don't know what to say

Its this or the Valk Elite, XS, Gts4 or whatever Moyu's newest will be

Yeah man! After I talked to you about which cube. I splurged on the Cosmic PVC TengyunM and now I regret it[emoji30].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah man! After I talked to you about which cube. I splurged on the Cosmic PVC TengyunM and now I regret it[emoji30].

I have the same feeling with my Power M... Ah well, a cube is a cube, and at this level, it’s personal preference. Plus I enjoy the fast but not too fast and smooth feeling.

Jchap808

I have the same feeling with my Power M... Ah well, a cube is a cube, and at this level, it’s personal preference. Plus I enjoy the fast but not too fast and smooth feeling.

I really like the quiet sound of the cube. My girl hates when I cube loudly. So this cube really made it for me. But an even quieter cube is ridiculous.

Jchap808

So if I understand correctly, the V2 is even quieter than the V1?

Yes that is correct. The V2 implemented the new “wave” design to the edge/corner pieces

Jchap808

My main has been the TengYun for two years and its core has rusted a bit, so I was looking for a replacement.

And then I saw this.

Yes.

Yeah. I’m thinking the release of the Tengyun V2M will be postponed because of the current state of the Corona Virus. And honestly it would reduce the spread. Even though I wanna be selfish and have the cube now. Definitely praying for those who are infected and have deceased.