• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Would You Rather

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd rather be Feliks Zemdegs because it must be hard for Max to be autistic and I don't think I would enjoy having a difficult time communicating with people. Nothing against autism here, I have a bit of Asperger but I just wouldn't really enjoy the difficulty of communicating with people if I had autism.

WYR:

A. Get three cubes (any cube) for free

B. Get every single Yuxin cube that exists right now.
I originally would have said every YuXin cube, because even though they're not known for their speedcubes, they have big cubes like the 17x17 that normally cost a lot. But, they also have a lot of normal things like 2x2s and 3x3s that I don't really need. So I'd go with option A, and REALLY take advantage of it by getting really expensive cubes like the 17x17.

WYR:

A. Go forward 10 years to see what cubing will be like then

or

B. Go back in time 10 years to see what cubing was like back then

chocool6

I originally would have said every YuXin cube, because even though they're not known for their speedcubes, they have big cubes like the 17x17 that normally cost a lot. But, they also have a lot of normal things like 2x2s and 3x3s that I don't really need. So I'd go with option A, and REALLY take advantage of it by getting really expensive cubes like the 17x17.

WYR:

A. Go forward 10 years to see what cubing will be like then

or

B. Go back in time 10 years to see what cubing was like back then
I'd rather go 10 years into the future, if you want to know what it was like in the old days you could just ask people.

WYR:

A. Have a cube that was perfect for you (perfect feel, elasticity, tension)

or

B. Be sub 5

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd rather go 10 years into the future, if you want to know what it was like in the old days you could just ask people.

WYR:

A. Have a cube that was perfect for you (perfect feel, elasticity, tension)

or

B. Be sub 5
Perfect cube. Just magically being sub 5 takes out the fun of improving, and having a perfect cube pushes how far you can solve with your current skill level

WYR:

A. Be sub-10 (if you’re already sub-10, be sub-5)

or

B. Have 100,000 YouTube subscribers

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would rather... *thinks for a long while*
be sub-10, because then there might maybe possibly be a chance that I'd end up with 99,999 YouTube subscribers sometime, and even if I don't get the subs, I would just focus on being fast.

Now,
Would You Rather:

A. Get a new PB every solve on every event but it's only better by .01 seconds every time (the first solve on each is 15 minutes long, do the math)

or

B. Hold a WR in Clock but suck at every other event (each time you do a solve it's 1 hour)

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would rather... *thinks for a long while*
be sub-10, because then there might maybe possibly be a chance that I'd end up with 99,999 YouTube subscribers sometime, and even if I don't get the subs, I would just focus on being fast.

Now,
Would You Rather:

A. Get a new PB every solve on every event but it's only better by .01 seconds every time (the first solve on each is 15 minutes long, do the math)

or

B. Hold a WR in Clock but suck at every other event (each time you do a solve it's 1 hour)
A, eventually (approx 90000 solves later) I will average 0 seconds
Would you rather:
A. Use an online cube for an official average or
B. Use a dollar store cube for an official average

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Would you rather:
A. Use an online cube for an official average or
B. Use a dollar store cube for an official average
If you mean virtual cube, then A for sure because (from what I've heard) the Gan I basically feels like a normal speedcube.

Would you rather:
A. Only be able to watch cubing Twitch streams
B. Only be able to watch cubing YouTube videos

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you mean virtual cube, then A for sure because (from what I've heard) the Gan I basically feels like a normal speedcube.

Would you rather:
A. Only be able to watch cubing Twitch streams
B. Only be able to watch cubing YouTube videos
B. For sure
I meant like a virtual cube, in which you search up RUBIKS cube and it's online
Would you rather:
A. Have a 10000 dollar cubing collection but you are wayyy below par for every event
Or
B. Have a 150 dollar cubing collection but you are a bit slower that Feliks and Max (about 2 to 3 seconds)

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I meant like a virtual cube, in which you search up RUBIKS cube and it's online
I would still choose A.
Would you rather:
A. Have a 10000 dollar cubing collection but you are wayyy below par for every event
Or
B. Have a 150 dollar cubing collection but you are a bit slower that Feliks and Max (about 2 to 3 seconds)
B. It's a lot easier to make money to buy more cubes than it is to improve at cubing, even though averaging 8-9 seconds isn't stupendous.

Would you rather:
A. Keep all of your cubes in one room and you're not allowed to bring them out of said room, unless you are going to a comp.
B. You need to have at least one of each of your main cubes in each room of your house (e.g. 3x3 in bedroom, pyraminx in kitchen, etc.), and you can only take them out of those rooms when you are going to a comp.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would still choose A.

B. It's a lot easier to make money to buy more cubes than it is to improve at cubing, even though averaging 8-9 seconds isn't stupendous.

Would you rather:
A. Keep all of your cubes in one room and you're not allowed to bring them out of said room, unless you are going to a comp.
B. You need to have at least one of each of your main cubes in each room of your house (e.g. 3x3 in bedroom, pyraminx in kitchen, etc.), and you can only take them out of those rooms when you are going to a comp.

A

WYR:
A: Pay double the price for all cubes you buy
B: Not be able to ever buy a random 50% of all puzzles (including future releases)

A

WYR:
A: Pay double the price for all cubes you buy
B: Not be able to ever buy a random 50% of all puzzles (including future releases)
Bruh I'll get A cause I can use my 50% discount on all puzzles and they'll be the same then.

WYR:

1. Have a really low movecount method
2. Have a method with great ergonomics but not so good movecount

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
A. I will get the cubes again
WYR
A. Be sub 8 but your parents' hate cubing
or
B. Average 50 but your parents love cubing (for this one you can only improve to 20 seconds)

A, I’d deal with it

WYR:
A: Lose your main 3x3 and never be able to get a new one
B: Lose your main 2x2 and 4x4 and Pyraminx and never be able to get a new one

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
WYR:
A: Lose your main 3x3 and never be able to get a new one
B: Lose your main 2x2 and 4x4 and Pyraminx and never be able to get a new one
A, don't judge, I like 2x2.

(Assume this next one is in a COVID-free world.)
WYR:
A. Go to 5 competitions in 1 year, but they are only local comps (competitor limits 100 or less competitors).
B. Only go to 1 competition in 1 year, but it is Worlds. (Assume you have never been to Worlds before if you have.)

rusty cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
well i'm already 4 seconds in 2x2 (subtle flex) so i'd be a pro in 4 events i guess

would you rather Have a non cyber following you around and ask stupid questions everytime you hold a cube
OR
every turn you make your cube has a 10% chance to pop at random the chance never adds up but its always 10%

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
well i'm already 4 seconds in 2x2 (subtle flex) so i'd be a pro in 4 events i guess

would you rather Have a non cyber following you around and ask stupid questions everytime you hold a cube
OR
every turn you make your cube has a 10% chance to pop at random the chance never adds up but its always 10%
The first one definitely

Would you rather use 4lll and f2l or full OLL and PLL but no f2l

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results

OR
You didn't answer the question.
(Assume this next one is in a COVID-free world.)
WYR:
A. Go to 5 competitions in 1 year, but they are only local comps (competitor limits 100 or less competitors).
B. Only go to 1 competition in 1 year, but it is Worlds. (Assume you have never been to Worlds before if you have.)