• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Cubing Injuries?

DTCuber

Clock injuries part 2: after doing an ao100, the tips of my index fingers (especially the left) have skin rubbed away and feel numb.

RIP. The worst cubing injury that has happened to me is when I dropped my 4x4 on my foot.

SimonV

YouTube
Visit Channel
I had just received my order with traxxas 10k,30k and 50k but the bottles had no opening so i desides to poke holes in them.
But then later i thought i just had to cut the top part of (i think that's what you should do) but the knife slipped. My left thum almost had the left part right next to the nail sliced off (like 4-3mm left) and i was home alone so i stressed but i just put it under water for about 2 minutes and then put a plaster around it. I wasn't really able to cube properly the next 2 weeks because of my way of holding the cube :/. yeah.

IllusionCubes

WCA
2016BIRD02
I think the worst was extereme pain, but that was because i had been practiceing 3x3 for a few hours straight. I rested for a few days and my times got better...:D

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

I was wondering if speedcubing can cause Carpal Tunnel? Have you guys had any problems with your hands or arms after cubing? Over the past week I have had pain in my hands and arms, sometimes pins and needles.:( I have been cubing lots, because I have a comp next week.

I'm planning to stop cubing for a few days and then practice a couple days before the comp. Is there anything else I can do to help it?

What is your experience? Thanks for any info.

Hello,

I was wondering if speedcubing can cause Carpal Tunnel? Have you guys had any problems with your hands or arms after cubing? Over the past week I have had pain in my hands and arms, sometimes pins and needles.:( I have been cubing lots, because I have a comp next week.

I'm planning to stop cubing for a few days and then practice a couple days before the comp. Is there anything else I can do to help it?

Why would you cube right before a comp? It adds pressure. Not practicing on the day before a comp helps release nerves.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

This sort of thing can be caused by bad posture. Make sure you stand up and have a bit of a stretch every few solves and take at least a 5 minute break every hour. Maybe video yourself solving so you know how you sit. I'll bet you sit in the same hunched position for extended periods.
Look up information on working on computers. There's plenty of advice available and see your Doctor if symptoms persist.

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why would you cube right before a comp? It adds pressure. Not practicing on the day before a comp helps release nerves.

I want to practice a little more before Saturday. I won't practice much the day before.
This sort of thing can be caused by bad posture. Make sure you stand up and have a bit of a stretch every few solves and take at least a 5 minute break every hour. Maybe video yourself solving so you know how you sit. I'll bet you sit in the same hunched position for extended periods.
Look up information on working on computers. There's plenty of advice available and see your Doctor if symptoms persist.

Thank you! I don't have a very good desk and I have been sitting here too much the past few weeks.

Mr.Roux86

YouTube
Visit Channel
Recently I started to notice some discomfort/mild pain in my wrists while cubing. Has anyone else experienced this, any ideas on how to fix it?

Duncan Bannon

I got them after 3 months or so of cubing. I took a 2 week break and havn’t got them bad yet. It’s been like 2 months since break. If my wrist start hurting I stop and learn an alg, do feet, or just not cube the rest of the day. The next day they are normally fine.

tnk351

Never try to assemble an eastsheen 4X4 because the screws are so hard that the screwdriver will go right through your finger.